racing bubble question

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
It is clear but will not work with headlight. I didn't try to put it on over the headlight but the way it mounts/shape appeared to interfere with it.

Rodolfo

Anyone who has tried to put the racing windshield over the headlight?

To see if the headlight still works a bit?

Really want the racing windshield for the looks and aerodinamics , but dont want to loose the headlight.

Manbeard

All the places I've seen it, mention it fitting over the headlights, but it not being clear...
I wanted to order the racing one, and make my own cutout for the lights(slightly different from stock).
Might still go with the street version and not take this bike too
far from a sell-able state...

ryandalling

The race bubble screen could fit if you slide out the lower driving light strip. It is all clear, but not sure how the lights would show through.

ray

I wonder if the projector head light would over heat with no air getting to it?

Shouldn't be much of an issue since its a Halogen setup and most Halogen setups are sealed in the headlamp anyway. The exact same projector and reflector is used a in a motorcycle produced here in India by Bajaj, the one who produces the smaller RC/DUKEs.

reenmachine

Country flag
Not sure if it would fit over the lights or not, but the racing screen has a "frosted" finish in the area where the lights would shine though. If it fits, it may decrease the performance of the lights too much.

There's a version of it with a cutout for the lights.

emeglasson

I actually did fit my race screen over the headlight to see if it would work. It does fit, just fine. But, as someone mentioned, the race screen has a 'frosted' area over the headlight, so there is no way you could ride at night. The light still emanates out of the bike, so you could probably ride it down the street just fine during the day with cars still seeing you well, and cops not hassling you. But it definitely would not be 'street legal' at that point. Sorry, I didn't take a photo. I have since removed my headlights.

rick

I actually did fit my race screen over the headlight to see if it would work. It does fit, just fine.
Old thread but good to know! I was curious if I could get away with replacing the windscreen with the race one for trackdays - may not have to tape up the headlight then.

ArkansasDave

Old thread but good to know! I was curious if I could get away with replacing the windscreen with the race one for trackdays - may not have to tape up the headlight then.

If you are putting that much effort into it might as well remove the headlight assembly, if you crash it's one less thing to replace. It's only a few extra bolts and 5 minutes of time.