RC 390 Cup

TZMike

I think the Cup bike is primarily for young racers to showcase and hone their abilities in the Cup series. With Cup series running in a number of countries (DE, UK, US, etc) I could see an international championship for young racers eventually.

Supposedly if there are any Cup bikes left after all the racers have theirs those will be made available to us "old guys".

Treachery

Country flag
:eek::(:confused: I can see it if you're a 14 to 22 yr old but considering you can buy a 675R that has the good bits for that (used) or a bit more for new............no bueno for old guys. IMO
See, before the pricing was announced for the production RC390, I had decided that at anything north of $7K OTD for the stock (non-vaporware street legal cuppified RC), I'd have to rethink, as $7K brings a lot of used options into the picture. But if you want the race certified version that's your option, it seems.

fos373

I really think the Cup bike is/was hyped more than it should be.

I have most of the powerparts on order and being shipped (rearsets, belly pan and solo set should be shipping soon). Hopefully it gets here soon (damn Deutsche Post/DHL/USPS!!!!!) and I get it mounted and have feedback.

As others have done, I contacted all the major after market body manufacturers when I received the bike to see if they'd make body work - everyone has received the same response I see. I'm fairly certain there will be enough interest and they will make bodywork - however, it won't be until summer I'm sure.

The front suspension was off and was resprung and it's much linear than it was. There will likely be the availability of a kit for compression and rebound in the near future. I have not messed with the rear (yet...)

Now, if I could just figure out how to get to the damn ABS module without taken out the engine - seriously it's wedged under the battery compartment and above the motor and I can't figure a way to get at it. I can't get at it from the top or sides. That will have to be a project for someone else.

kalleh

I really think the Cup bike is/was hyped more than it should be.

I have most of the powerparts on order and being shipped (rearsets, belly pan and solo set should be shipping soon). Hopefully it gets here soon (damn Deutsche Post/DHL/USPS!!!!!) and I get it mounted and have feedback.

As others have done, I contacted all the major after market body manufacturers when I received the bike to see if they'd make body work - everyone has received the same response I see. I'm fairly certain there will be enough interest and they will make bodywork - however, it won't be until summer I'm sure.

The front suspension was off and was resprung and it's much linear than it was. There will likely be the availability of a kit for compression and rebound in the near future. I have not messed with the rear (yet...)

Now, if I could just figure out how to get to the damn ABS module without taken out the engine - seriously it's wedged under the battery compartment and above the motor and I can't figure a way to get at it. I can't get at it from the top or sides. That will have to be a project for someone else.

Are you located inside or outside Europe? If outside, please let me know how you set up the order :)

guzz46

The front suspension was off and was resprung and it's much linear than it was. There will likely be the availability of a kit for compression and rebound in the near future. I have not messed with the rear (yet...) .

That's interesting, I think the forks feel really good, they feel stiff at stand still, but when moving I think they feel great, you wouldn't happen to be light by any chance?

fos373

That's interesting, I think the forks feel really good, they feel stiff at stand still, but when moving I think they feel great, you wouldn't happen to be light by any chance?

I'm about 180lbs. I was more worried about the linear feel of them. They didn't have a smooth feel (to me) through the stroke. RG3 did some minor tweaking with the spring, oil weight and fluid level to make it feel better. We shall see......

kalleh

I heard a rumor on fb yesterday that ohlins is working on something for this bike already.

I hope it's a cartridge kit and not a full fork replacement - full forks would make the bike illegal for production/stock in many race series.

TZMike

Nah, you should check on the suspension first and plan your bike mods now before the bike arrives... and let us know what you find out :)

kalleh

Just pulled the trigger and ordered all the parts for my Ninja 300 race bike. It will be a potent package with a nice HP boost, Ohlins in the back and full cartridge kit in the front. Sadly, it will not have a potent rider :D. I think I'll keep my deposit for a while though, if the KTM becomes too dominant in the class I'll probably just sell the Ninja.

//K