rear wheel does not spin freely?

mdabyo

Country flag
I noticed this weekend that it takes a bit of pressure to turn the rear wheel. I am used to my R6 that when it was on a stand i could spin it and it would go forever. Through it might have been a tight axle nut or rear pads but nope neither of those.. It seems like its in the motor that is holding it up. Is this normal on the RC? Could i have something wrong in the gearbox? thoughts?

mdabyo

Country flag
lol.. i am not an idiot. but yes you had to ask it.. yes the bike in in neutral. it spins, just it does not spin as easy as i am used to with my other bikes, i.e if i gave it a good spin it may go 1/2 a rotation after i let go.

yourlastvisit

I noticed this weekend that it takes a bit of pressure to turn the rear wheel. I am used to my R6 that when it was on a stand i could spin it and it would go forever. Through it might have been a tight axle nut or rear pads but nope neither of those.. It seems like its in the motor that is holding it up. Is this normal on the RC? Could i have something wrong in the gearbox? thoughts?

You might wanna consider cleaning and lubing the drive chain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdabyo

Country flag
yup. in spec. i am going to pull the chain when i get the bike back from the shop and see how hard it is the spin at the motor.

isaac_

lol.. i am not an idiot. but yes you had to ask it.. yes the bike in in neutral. it spins, just it does not spin as easy as i am used to with my other bikes, i.e if i gave it a good spin it may go 1/2 a rotation after i let go.

[emoji23] it's like asking "is the computer plugged into an outlet". You have to ask it.

Second question: how tight are you cranking down on the axle nut? Sometimes backing off a quarter turn makes a world difference.

Third question: are you sure you have the spacer that goes underneath the cush drive? I forgot this once and noticed the bike doesn't rotate freely without it.