Rearsets for track bike

alexisdala07

Wanting to buy adjustable rearsets for my 2014 RC390 I'm turning into a track bike. Trying to keep the costs down so would anyone have know where to buy cheaper rearsets to suit the bike? Thanks for the help in advance

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Andy

Country flag
Personally I’d steer clear of cheap when it comes to rearsets. Save your money elsewhere but spend a bit on these.

I fitted the Powerparts rearsets, got them in a sale at one of our KTM shops here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been really happy with the Tyga rearsets. They aren't cheap, but they are inexpensive. Getting spare parts for them is easy, too. Formula 390 has 'em. Avoid the E-bay/Chinese set up. They might look good, but they are super sketchy. Getting spare parts for them is also borderline impossible.

m3hl

Country flag
Personally I’d steer clear of cheap when it comes to rearsets. Save your money elsewhere but spend a bit on these.

I have the chinese rearsets and actually have had good luck. Parts available, decent design, and affordable. I have about 2k track miles on mine.

simpletty

Country flag
I have the chinese rearsets and actually have had good luck. Parts available, decent design, and affordable. I have about 2k track miles on mine.

I agree, the chinese ones hold up well.. many crashes last year and just had to replace pegs. I had one incident in the rain this year that led to replacement of one peg.Super durable and easy on the pocketbook

mdabyo

Country flag
def dont get the KTM race ones. they came on my bike, first crash broke the main mount in half. wrote a whole weekend off for me as i did not hve a spare set at the time. I have a spare set of the Chinese ones now but have yet to mount them,

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I've been really happy with the Tyga rearsets. They aren't cheap, but they are inexpensive. Getting spare parts for them is easy, too. Formula 390 has 'em. Avoid the E-bay/Chinese set up. They might look good, but they are super sketchy. Getting spare parts for them is also borderline impossible.

Yup! I keep full sets of both Race as well as the Street rearsets in inventory, at all times... as well as a good supply of spares. In general I recommend that folks have a spare set of the hanger brackets, pegs, and brake and shift levers in every racers spares box. You never want to have to write off a weekend because you had a lowside and are for want of $40 in parts! I've had to Next Day Air parts to various tracks after getting a desperate phone call from one of y'all late on a Friday afternoon, where I then get to jump on a bike (or the truck) and dash quick as I can to the HUB down in San Marcos so that I can get parts dispatched to reach a racer trackside early Saturday morning. I have a love/hate relationship with those phone calls. LOL I love being able to support y'all, and will do everything I can to get your parts to you by when you need 'em... but it WOULD make my life a little easier at times if folks had a few spares handy... just in case. :D As the saying goes... if you've got 'em, you won't need em. If you don't, that's the ONE part you are gonna break! :(

+1 for the Tyga rearsets, I've been using them this hole race season, no issues, and the price is very good compared to others.
Formula 390 is also an excellent vendor, great customer service.

Mike

=maz=

Country flag
I have tested the Driven rearsets in a few crashes and can't rate them highly enough.
Last low speed lowside lay down the bike had resulted in no repairs required with the edge of the left peg bent up so little you couldn't even feel it through the boots.

dpozo

I have tyga rearsets and they work perfect, I would recomend these instead chinesse ones
Best

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

karizzle38

i'll second m3hl's statement here. the chinese ones are a lot less expensive and yes have slightly less build quality, but overall are good for what you pay for them. the only real problem i have with them is the peg knurled surface doesn't stick quite as well as i hoped. also, the rear brake plunger is a bit of a hassle to get into place correctly. but overall, not bad for about half the cost.

simpletty

Country flag
just went through the spares box from last year and threw out about 5 pegs that were ground up from lowsides....I cant justify spending ridiculous amounts on rearsets since the chinese ones have never failed after numerous off's in 2016-2017. One incident this year in the rain and same result--new peg and off again