Searching for VIN

Treachery

Country flag
I just got word that my dealer may have his first RC390 in hand this week. If someone who already has one can PM me a VIN (I promise I'll delete it as soon as I'm done), it would be great, so I can try to get an insurance quote from Allstate.

Treachery

Country flag
Hey @Treachery, my insurer was requesting the same thing. Can you pm me the vin

If not can you please let us know if the insurance quote is outrageously high or unusual for any reason

PM incoming. My agent was (relatively) clueless, which is somewhat understandable with such a new model. But insurance rating basically comes down to the displacement of the bike and the purchase price or value. Add in an upward or downward adjustment for type, and Bob's yer uncle. But for some reason, they couldn't come up with diddly, even though we already have SWMBO's Ninjette on the policy, and I told them a comparable was the Ninja 300 or the CBR250/300. I know they wouldn't be able to find the R3 either. Oh...the first one they found was the RC8... He said "that's an 1190cc high-performance bike, right?" (Speaking about the RC390​. Doofus.

Matt

Thanks for getting back to me. So yeah, im in CA and seems as though this bike is not in the insurers system yet. I was however able to get a quote from Geico by inputting the information in manually but it came out ridiculously high.

It's apparent that coverage is available now that we're seeing more and more of us post about our recent purchase- it would be cool if we can get some feedback and details regarding the policies