Seat issue?

Robbase

So I recently picked up my 2016 RC390 and there is an issue where the seat wont latch down all the way. It clicks but with a little tug you can lift the seat right up and expose the storage space where I keep all my documentation. Anyone else hear about this being an issue? Thanks for the feedback!

Ryanthegreat1

My 15 has a double click when locking the seat down. First click is the pin falling into the latch, the second click is the latch locking onto the pin.

Press real hard, should lock in place.

Robbase

My 15 has a double click when locking the seat down. First click is the pin falling into the latch, the second click is the latch locking onto the pin.

Press real hard, should lock in place.

Thanks for the response, I tried like hell to get it locked in yesterday before my ride. The first click happens but that second click certainly doesn't. I'm going back out after work today, so I will try again and see what happens. It was working just find the first couple of times I took it off and put it back. There was also a decent amount of grease on the male end (the seat itself) from the factory. This normal?

Treachery

Country flag
I'd wonder if you're getting interference from the passenger section, or if the saddle's not far enough forward onto the mounting pins. Be careful; the "hooks" on the underside of the saddle are notoriously fragile.

Robbase

I'd wonder if you're getting interference from the passenger section, or if the saddle's not far enough forward onto the mounting pins. Be careful; the "hooks" on the underside of the saddle are notoriously fragile.

Treachery, that's great advice. I will certainly check that out and be super careful with those hooks. When i was fiddling with it yesterday I thought those "hooks" may have played a role but i never thought to check the passenger section. Any advice is welcome, thanks for all your help!