Side stand

Wa2fst

Country flag
Anyone removed their sidestand. Pics on how you bypassed the switch? I know some used a resistor anyway to get a pic on what that set up looks like?

DCMoney

Country flag
View attachment 436

Test mock up

3.9k , yellow to pink wires, plugs pins etc. are common on lots of cars or from Motorcycle Terminals, Connectors, and Wiring Accessories

I'm 99% sure the plug that works with that connector is the Sumitomo HM 090 -4 Male, I bought mine from here because it was a little cheaper overall, and I was able to order them in black.

Oddly enough I had a bad RR off an 2nd gen SV sitting on my lift when I took the side stand switch off and noticed the 4 pin plug for the SV RR was the same as the side stand on the 390.

Fasteddy

Country flag
I'm 99% sure the plug that works with that connector is the Sumitomo HM 090 -4 Male, I bought mine from here because it was a little cheaper overall, and I was able to order them in black.

Oddly enough I had a bad RR off an 2nd gen SV sitting on my lift when I took the side stand switch off and noticed the 4 pin plug for the SV RR was the same as the side stand on the 390.

That is correct, and they also have the 6 pin for the OBD connector, probably the same sensor as the SV and others notice that the sensor has one set of color codes for wires that is different from the main wiring harness...

Wa2fst

Country flag
Watching you tube on how to actually how to wire up one of these bypass plugs. But not having much luck.

DCMoney

Country flag
Watching you tube on how to actually how to wire up one of these bypass plugs. But not having much luck.

After the exchange of pm's, this probably isn't something you should do.

Buy one from member dhaval.

Link is below.

I purchased this little guy. I got it from someone that posted on this forum. I paid about 20 bucks, it ships from India. (just like our bikes!) It plugs in at the connector for the side stand wire, up under the seat. Works perfectly. The actual plastic connector is the same one that DCMoney linked to above, if you want to build it yourself.
http://www.rc390-forum.com/forum/en...127-stand-sw.html?highlight=side+stand+bypass

Wa2fst

Country flag
After the exchange of pm's, this probably isn't something you should do.

Buy one from member dhaval.

Link is below.

this might scare you guys but Im actually very mechanically savvy being an Fighter Jet Mechanic for almost 20yrs Just without seeing how the set up looks is throwing me off. But looking at jumper plugs that I have bought for my 1290. Im just confused how the resistor goes in the plug along with the jumper wire. In my mind It would seem the resistor would be exposed. But after talking to Fast Eddy I think I got this figured out.

DCMoney

Country flag
this might scare you guys but Im actually very mechanically savvy being an Fighter Jet Mechanic for almost 20yrs Just without seeing how the set up looks is throwing me off. But looking at jumper plugs that I have bought for my 1290. Im just confused how the resistor goes in the plug along with the jumper wire. In my mind It would seem the resistor would be exposed. But after talking to Fast Eddy I think I got this figured out.

Heres a pic of the one I made last night with my bad SV RR plug. Im going to make a few more next week once the new plugs get in, I'll take more detailed pics next week.

Cut the wires with about half an inch to spare, stripped the two needed soldered the resistor to the wires, used heat shrink to seal it up. Plug and done.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The cup bike value is 3.3k ohm on resistor, anything in that range should work... If you want to be super thrifty you can just cut connector and some wire off original kickstand harness and solder. What I did ;). Cost 3 dollars total.

othebe

Country flag
Can anyone provide some info for a 2018 model? The kickstand sensor runs under the seat... I tried a 3.9K resistor but no luck.

othebe

Country flag
Update to my earlier question, The sensor runs under the seat. I put in a 220 ohms resistor and this bypassed it.

ia02

Country flag
Contact Dhaval Mahidharia on Facebook. He's in India, but will get you the delete part quick. Has parts for the first and second gen bikes. He's legit.

EDIT: probably the same guy as the forum member listed above.

Last edited: