HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Starlane Corsaro GPS Lap Timer

No More worrying about setup or transponders.
Just go out on the track, Set the Start/Finish Line and the GPS (Satellites) Does it all for you.

Includes (just to name a few):
- Touch Screen
- Shock-proof Nylon Glass charged body
- Double function "Best Lap" LED

For more detailed information, just click on the link below.

CLICK HERE fore more details >> Starlane Corsaro GPS Lap Timer <<

corsaro.jpg

Last edited:

ToraTora

Country flag
Can You K?

Wow I don't know how you snuck this in under my radar! In one of my Derbi threads on AF1 I wrote up these gadgets back in December. I would have done it sooner, but had too much going on. Do you also sell the K version?

These are pretty sweet boxes. Check out my link above as it's got videos, and a fair amount of details too. ;)

Later when I have more time I'll add some of that info over here, if you'd like. :)

A question I do have on these units--lets say you have multiple bikes. Can you pickup multiple WIDs, and just swap the Corsaro to the other bike, and pair up to that WID? I mean you should be able to do this, but I wonder how difficult it is to do.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Wow I don't know how you snuck this in under my radar! In one of my Derbi threads on AF1 I wrote up these gadgets back in December. I would have done it sooner, but had too much going on. Do you also sell the K version?

These are pretty sweet boxes. Check out my link above as it's got videos, and a fair amount of details too. ;)

Later when I have more time I'll add some of that info over here, if you'd like. :)

A question I do have on these units--lets say you have multiple bikes. Can you pickup multiple WIDs, and just swap the Corsaro to the other bike, and pair up to that WID? I mean you should be able to do this, but I wonder how difficult it is to do.
"K" version is only sold direct to Kart guys. With Racing license for Karting.

It's the go kart version, with limited capability b/c of mph it will read.
It tops out @ 100 won't record anything higher.
It's a lower price unit, with lower capabilities.

You can have and use one Corsaro for mulitiple bikes with WID.

It is highly likely that you would probably have to teach the Corsaro when pairing up to alt. WID.

Just a matter of reprogramming the Corsaro.

ToraTora

Country flag
Stardust

HI HR,

Yeah I read about that mph limitation last night. I hadn't seen it on the English info page previously, but I did see it on the German store page last night. It's not much of an issue for the small bikes though as they don't actually reach 102 mph (165 kph). The nice thing about the Kart version is that it comes with a WID, or what they call a WAK, which is a limited WID-A. That is to say WID-A K, or WAK.

From what I've been reading though, the regular Corsaro doesn't include any sort of WID. So I'm wondering how it connects to the bike for things like RPM, and temperature. The basic unit probably isn't capable of those features without a WID.

I hadn't read anything about limiting the sale of the K to licensed kart racers. The Starlane website states that the K is for karts and scooters. Typical of Europeans that frequently employ terms rather liberally I would be inclined to believe they consider small bikes scooters. Just so you know, I really don't consider the 390 to be a "small" bike. ;) Also, YoYoDyne does sell the Kart version here in the States seemingly without license the requirement. So hopefully Starlane will let you too. ;)

Another bummer is that it looks like the Corsaro calculates gear position from wheel speed, and not from GPS speed. Which would mean that the K version would be precluded of this feature. And of course the regular version wouldn't provide that feature unless you added the WID-A. So it's looking more like a $700 gadget to actually get the basic feature set for data recording, outside if time/GPS of course.

I'm probably going to have to write to them, and ask a bunch of questions.