STOLEN 6/14/16 - 2015 KTM RC390 - Austin, TX

Turkery

My bike was stolen the night of 6/14 at 10 PM, out of a private parking garage in The Domain in Austin, TX. The suspect was driving a mid 90's GMC or Chevy 1500, two-door, extended-cab, long-bed, two-tone paint in darker color, two-wheel drive, headache rack, cattle guard, and black steel wheels. Bike was stock aside from a tail tidy, less than 1000 miles on the bike. Keep an eye out! Thank you.

Turkery

Bike has been recovered. Looking for the following parts: Kickstand, right hand mirror and both brake levers, gas cap, both from turn signals, and ignition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Bike has been recovered. Looking for the following parts: Kickstand, right hand mirror and both brake levers, gas cap, both from turn signals, and ignition.

I can donate kickstand, right hard mirror, and I think turn signals. I want to keep the keyed stuff I have just in case I need it. PM me and we can get you moving.

Turkery

Let me know what you are still missing. I might be able to donate to the resurrection.

This level of support from the community has been a humbling experience. I really appreciate it. I need all the keyed components, pricing that out now. Other than that, both brake levers. Foot lever is severed but but is attached and hand is bent to hell. Outside of that hopefully not much. Sourcing a charger for the battery tomorrow to see if I can get any sign of life. Guidance on diagnosing a transmission would be great. Can't get it passed second gear currently.

Turkery

Recovered?! That's great! what's the story?

Long story! But the brother of the original suspect, whom I contacted through a craigslist ad for the truck he used to steal my bike... Absolute moron here... He was found dead in a parking lot with my bike. Multiple gun wounds. I've had to change my number and am moving to a new apartment this weekend. Reasonable cause to believe the original suspect would try to contact me and he knows where I live, he aided in stealing the bike. So I'm taking some suggestion precautions. Becoming a gun owner this weekend as well, hopefully only for piece of mind's sake.

ToraTora

Country flag
Not that this is a political foro, but buying a gun just makes you that much more likely to be like the guy found by your bike.

Moving sure that makes sense. Changing the look of your bike is probably a good idea too. But unless you are mentally ready to murder someone it is likely that they will just take the gun away from you and kill you with it. Guns are the problem, not the solution--even if you live in Texas.

Turkery

Not that this is a political foro, but buying a gun just makes you that much more likely to be like the guy found by your bike.

Moving sure that makes sense. Changing the look of your bike is probably a good idea too. But unless you are mentally ready to murder someone it is likely that they will just take the gun away from you and kill you with it. Guns are the problem, not the solution--even if you live in Texas.

If I plan to carry the gun, sure. But I will not be a victim to a crime in my own home.

ToraTora

Country flag
Um, what would you call yourself if someone went in your house, took the gun away from you, and shot you with it?

Turkery

Um, what would you call yourself if someone went in your house, took the gun away from you, and shot you with it?

They could try. 6'4", 200 lbs and I practice MMA weekly. Not saying I'm a fucking navy seal but you're imagining the worst possible reality here.

Rcdan

I can only imagine how this experience must be stressing you out. Especially if you are concerned enough to contemplate moving. If you do decide to buy a firearm for self defense in the home please consider getting proper training and spending some time at a gun range. You have every right to defend yourself in your home but it is a huge step to take if you are not trained and prepared. As the other poster said this is NOT a political forum so I will make no further comments on the gun subject. Good luck with you bike.

stevieboy

Country flag

I think the thread you are looking for is on the Aprilia forum.

Turkery

I can only imagine how this experience must be stressing you out. Especially if you are concerned enough to contemplate moving. If you do decide to buy a firearm for self defense in the home please consider getting proper training and spending some time at a gun range. You have every right to defend yourself in your home but it is a huge step to take if you are not trained and prepared. As the other poster said this is NOT a political forum so I will make no further comments on the gun subject. Good luck with you bike.

Tons of local guys in the motorcycle community have offered to help me through the gun buying process and have recommended some great sources for training. I will not be taking the purchase of a gun lightly. The stress of these series of events is crippling, thanks for you concern.

stevieboy

Country flag
I do not think having a hand in deciding your own future rather than letting others do it for you can ever be a bad thing. Take care.

simpletty

Country flag
Fitting justice for a thief, probably wasn't just you he robbed. I have doubts the other assailant will come back searching for the bike, hes probably hiding out after committing murder on his former partner. I will never understand a how a criminals mind works. But probably safe thinking in moving yourself to a new location.

Turkery

Fitting justice for a thief, probably wasn't just you he robbed. I have doubts the other assailant will come back searching for the bike, hes probably hiding out after committing murder on his former partner. I will never understand a how a criminals mind works. But probably safe thinking in moving yourself to a new location.

Can't say I was upset to hear about the outcome, but it has cast some doubt in how secure I am moving forward. Hopefully a suspect is caught and this case is closed in a timely manner.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Can't say I was upset to hear about the outcome, but it has cast some doubt in how secure I am moving forward. Hopefully a suspect is caught and this case is closed in a timely manner.

Ahhhh, NOW I understand the "all the blood" comment from earlier!!! I was thinking how did someone manage to soak a bike in blood from a lowside. Bleeding out on one tho, yeah... that'll do it! If I can be any help, you know where I am. :)

unsupervised.jpg

ToraTora

Country flag
They could try. 6'4", 200 lbs and I practice MMA weekly. Not saying I'm a fucking navy seal but you're imagining the worst possible reality here.

Doesn't really sound like you even need a gun. But you if check out the research you'll find it is the most likely out come. And even if it was the worst it should at the very least give you pause. People with guns are 80% more likely to die from a gun than people without guns. Just by bringing it into your home you are creating a very unsafe environment. As I said before guns are the problem not the solution.

Yeah what happened is rough, but you aren't the only person that's had their bike stolen. I've had that happen. I've also had my car stolen. None of those instances made me feel like I could have prevented it if I had a gun. Installing a kill switch on the car would have worked, and once installed the car wasn't stolen again. Better locking on the bike may have been enough to deter the thief, and so far it has worked. But it's also a reason to carry good auto/moto insurance.

And lets check out how things came out for you--the bike got stolen, you got it back, and the community is helping you get the bike back together. All and all it really isn't that bad. You have your bike back, and it will be back in good working order soon. If you had put yourself in the way of the thief the probability is very high you wouldn't even be around to have this conversation. It's all just stuff. Stuff that can be replaced, but your life? That's really hard to get back once you've lost it, and the gun makes you that much more likely to lose it.

Here's an enlightened individual using humor to get the message across. Maybe this will help you.

[video=youtube;0rR9IaXH1M0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0[/video]

[video=youtube;a9UFyNy-rw4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9UFyNy-rw4[/video]​