STOLEN 6/14/16 - 2015 KTM RC390 - Austin, TX

Turkery

Doesn't really sound like you even need a gun. But you if check out the research you'll find it is the most likely out come. And even if it was the worst it should at the very least give you pause. People with guns are 80% more likely to die from a gun than people without guns. Just by bringing it into your home you are creating a very unsafe environment. As I said before guns are the problem not the solution.

Yeah what happened is rough, but you aren't the only person that's had their bike stolen. I've had that happen. I've also had my car stolen. None of those instances made me feel like I could have prevented it if I had a gun. Installing a kill switch on the car would have worked, and once installed the car wasn't stolen again. Better locking on the bike may have been enough to deter the thief, and so far it has worked. But it's also a reason to carry good auto/moto insurance.

And lets check out how things came out for you--the bike got stolen, you got it back, and the community is helping you get the bike back together. All and all it really isn't that bad. You have your bike back, and it will be back in good working order soon. If you had put yourself in the way of the thief the probability is very high you wouldn't even be around to have this conversation. It's all just stuff. Stuff that can be replaced, but your life? That's really hard to get back once you've lost it, and the gun makes you that much more likely to lose it.

Here's an enlightened individual using humor to get the message across. Maybe this will help you.

So your stolen bike turns up at 3:30 in the morning next to a dead body of a man with cartel ties, multiple gun shot wounds, and broken bones - with no witnesses - and you carry on about your life as normal? I get what you're saying, but as you said before, this is not the forum for this discussion and we are not swaying anyone's opinions here. I am very appreciative to have my bike back and have such outstanding support from this community, its very humbling.

Last edited:

ToraTora

Country flag
No, but the cat that they found with it was wanted for murder and a member of one of SF's most notorious gangs, so not all that far from your story. And while you may not be taking my words as support they are probably better support than any of the so called supporting dudes offering to "teach" you how to "handle" a gun. It's just harder to see it when you let emotion get the better of you.

RickyBobby

Guns are definitely the answer. After looking at what happened in Nice are you going to say moving trucks aren't the answer? Damn Libs

Every man should have a gun or multiple guns. The whole point of the second amendment is to insure we don't go back to square one. The govt needs to be kept in check.....the 2nd amendment is a crucial part of that. Someone who wants to kill will find a way to kill. Its not the guns fault just like its not the trucks fault in France. Guns are a great form of home protection. We don't live in a ferry tale dude.....

Last edited:

ToraTora

Country flag
Bobby,

Are you here because you like to ride small motorcycles?

If you are just going to regurgitate dogma then there's very little you will have to contribute. It's very sad to see posts like yours. Clearly you are emotionally upset. And you should be as these events are upsetting. However, your actions betray your lack of understanding. You probably don't like things like numbers, but they illustrate the falsity of your assertions. Not really your fault since you are just repeating malformed doctrine concocted by the very people that have you cowering in a proverbial corner.

Guns are not going to liberate you from this prison of bad thinking. The only thing that will help you with that is education. Yeah it's painful medicine--but at least it wont kill you, and it might even save your life.

Anyway, while you contemplate your career in higher education maybe you should get a small motorcycle. Then at least you'd have a real reason to post on this foro.

stevieboy

Country flag
Bobby,

If you are just going to regurgitate dogma then there's very little you will have to contribute. It's very sad to see posts like yours. Clearly you are emotionally upset. And you should be as these events are upsetting. However, your actions betray your lack of understanding. You probably don't like things like numbers, but they illustrate the falsity of your assertions. Not really your fault since you are just repeating malformed doctrine concocted by the very people that have you cowering in a proverbial corner.

Guns are not going to liberate you from this prison of bad thinking. The only thing that will help you with that is education. Yeah it's painful medicine--but at least it wont kill you, and it might even save your life.

Anyway, while you contemplate your career in higher education maybe you should get a small motorcycle. Then at least you'd have a real reason to post on this foro.

Pot meet kettle.

Turkery

Bobby,

You don't know when to quit, do you? Like you've said yourself in this exact thread, this is not a political forum. Let the dude express his view and move on, not everything needs an 'educated' rebuttal.

TennisFreak

Not that this is a political foro, but buying a gun just makes you that much more likely to be like the guy found by your bike.

Moving sure that makes sense. Changing the look of your bike is probably a good idea too. But unless you are mentally ready to murder someone it is likely that they will just take the gun away from you and kill you with it. Guns are the problem, not the solution--even if you live in Texas.

This is absolutely insane and terrible logic at work here.

And you think guns are the problem???

Please keep your friggin opinions on this subject to yourself on this forum or take them to your lib forum's meant for this kind of discussion.

Last edited:

ToraTora

Country flag
Better Living through Ignorance LOLz

Like you've said yourself in this exact thread, this is not a political forum. Let the dude express his view and move on, not everything needs an 'educated' rebuttal.

Sometimes they do--not all of us are predisposed to run away at the slightest opposition. Turkery may I remind you that you are the one that introduced this topic. If you didn't want to see it discussed you never should have posted it. This is a forum--the very definition of which is to discuss topics that are introduced. Yes I'd much rather talk about motorcycles--which my over abundance of posts reflect, but I'm not going to cower just because a subject is a bit uncomfortable. Sure this cat is most likely a troll--his single post count would indicate such. But maybe my response wasn't actually for Bobby.

Please keep your friggin opinions on this subject to yourself on this forum or take them to your lib forum's meant for this kind of discussion.

And yet it's okay for you to express your opinion because why? It's funny that you are just fine with pro-gun positions, but if someone responds in even the slightest opposition you freak out. Does it really hurt your ears so much to hear a more enlightened point of view? The data does indeed illustrate that guns are a problem. Pretending that guns are the savior is just an ignorant position. One that unfortunately come with a rather high price tag. So maybe you really do need to hear about it--your anger would support this position.

But if you don't want to hear about it then just don't read the thread. It really is that easy. Welcome to America. :)

Turkery

Sometimes they do--not all of us are predisposed to run away at the slightest opposition. Turkery may I remind you that you are the one that introduced this topic. If you didn't want to see it discussed you never should have posted it. This is a forum--the very definition of which is to discuss topics that are introduced. Yes I'd much rather talk about motorcycles--which my over abundance of posts reflect, but I'm not going to cower just because a subject is a bit uncomfortable. Sure this cat is most likely a troll--his single post count would indicate such. But maybe my response wasn't actually for Bobby.

"Becoming a gun owner this weekend as well, hopefully only for piece of mind's sake."

Were my exact words, to which you felt inclined to express your unwarranted and unhelpful opinion, "
Not that this is a political foro, but buying a gun just makes you that much more likely to be like the guy found by your bike. But unless you are mentally ready to murder someone it is likely that they will just take the gun away from you and kill you with it. Guns are the problem, not the solution--even if you live in Texas."

Again, I did not ask for anyone's opinion, nor did I introduce the topic of gun safety or regulation, you did. I merely stated that because of this experience I will become a gun owner, and I have. You have only stated opinion throughout this entire thread, of which was never reasonably asked from you by anyone involved in this thread. You mention data, but have shown none. You took a thread about my stolen bike and effectively made it exclusively about the legitimacy of one's right to bare arms. Congrats, man, you're winning the internet today.

TennisFreak

And yet it's okay for you to express your opinion because why? It's funny that you are just fine with pro-gun positions, but if someone responds in even the slightest opposition you freak out. Does it really hurt your ears so much to hear a more enlightened point of view? The data does indeed illustrate that guns are a problem. Pretending that guns are the savior is just an ignorant position. One that unfortunately come with a rather high price tag. So maybe you really do need to hear about it--your anger would support this position.

But if you don't want to hear about it then just don't read the thread. It really is that easy. Welcome to America. :)

Just a response to your own opinion.

Saying that guns are the problem is an ignorant statement itself.

Stating my opinion is not "freaking out" and you clearly try to attack and label anyone who disagrees with your desire to push your anti gun agenda on a motorcycle forum.

Ignorance would be you not knowing to keep from turning a motorcycle post into a political debate on guns.

Ignorance is taking any statistical study and believing it without do the proper fact checking, resource and funding check, and organizational/political backing of the statistical study group.

Its called "Lying with Statistics" look it up. https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/122/Lying_with_Statistics

I can post up "statistics" showing how much safer it is in states that have license handgun laws. Look that up. :D

Last edited:

cornerslider

Sooooo, anyway, back to the original thread...... Did you get your bike back on the road yet? Did everything shake out okay with it?

Turkery

Sooooo, anyway, back to the original thread...... Did you get your bike back on the road yet? Did everything shake out okay with it?

Bike is on the road! Very glad to report no mechanical problems with the drivetrain. Went on a nice ride this weekend to the lake. Not sure if I am trying to fuck with the karma of riding a bike around that a guy died on. Kinda weird.

New coat of pearl plastidip on her, I'll be posting pictures soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: