Swingarm bushings

SPG

Yes it is a quick process.

1. Unload weight from the rear tire.
2. Remove swingarm bolt.
3. Press downward on the rear tire and that will force the front of the swing arm up giving access to bushings.
4. Remove bushings, the left side is tight, remove the spacer first and then the bushing. The spacer has a counter bore that the bushing fits in and will trap the spacer between the bushing and rearset.
4. Lube bushings.
5. Put it all back together, use the weight of the bike on the rear to get the bushings lined up for the bolt.

Ryan, you rock! It would not have occurred to me that I could do this without removing the rearsets. Pulling the bolt and levering the bushings up made this a 5 minute task. Thank you.
-Sean

Matt@TYGA

Supporting Vendor
Hi Guys,

Interesting thread this about KTM's use of dry bushes in the swingarm. Yep, the bushes on our bike are a bit nasty already and the bike has barely turned a wheel!

Had a bit of a look, and yeah, I recon that making a bearing conversion kit is very doable. Is it something that you guys would be interested in?

I'd definitely be looking at doing the conversion on our bike as within the next couple of weeks I'll be testing some new suspension, so it would be good to cheat and convert to bearings before the test :)

What are your thoughts?

Cheers,

Matt.

OldVet

Hi Guys,

Interesting thread this about KTM's use of dry bushes in the swingarm. Yep, the bushes on our bike are a bit nasty already and the bike has barely turned a wheel!

Had a bit of a look, and yeah, I recon that making a bearing conversion kit is very doable. Is it something that you guys would be interested in?

I'd definitely be looking at doing the conversion on our bike as within the next couple of weeks I'll be testing some new suspension, so it would be good to cheat and convert to bearings before the test :)

What are your thoughts?

Cheers,

Matt.

So what's the deal you doing this or not?