Lower shock mount width clearance tolerances / fscking Bajaja rant!!!

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
IMO, KTM has always been a bit ignorant to the US market. I have been fine with that, it's likely small potatoes for them, and a lot of hassle. But if they have one person to get this sort of feedback to, they could fix a few problems with the production of the 390. Luckily for me, I've been replacing a crap ton of parts on the bike for racing anyway, so I eliminate all the issues.

bottom line is although the 390 is a great bike, it's putting a stain on the KTM name. Personally, I have a deep appreciation for quality parts, and it's one reason why I've bought numerous KTMs in the past. I would like to see a little bit better construction coming out of their indian branch, and if it were me, I'd send someone down there from Austria to smack them on the wrist over a few things.
They probably did. Remember the debacle of the bikes showing up in the U.S., dealers being notified their customers bikes were on the way, on the truck, shipping out, then........... Nada. Bikes never showed up. Two MONTHS, the bikes were not shipping to dealers. A FEW tickled through, but they were not shipping and KTM U.S.A. was SILENT on what was going on. Then, two months later, dealers are notified, again, shipment confirmations were sent, again, and this time the bikes DID show up. What happened to the bikes in that time, nobody knows. Or at least those who do, ain't talking! Rumor mill is that the bikes were in such horrible state they got repacked, loaded back into the shipping containers, and sent back to India for rework. That MIGHT explain all the stripped fasteners that showed evidence of being tightened AND loosened. It may also explain the insane volume of crap we found in the motors on first oil change. It's all rumor tho, brought on by KTM U.S.A. being non communicative.

rick

You are making the assumption they would care. I fully expect that someone in the org does follow things like the forums and mailing lists. Some project manager out there is responsible for feedback from magazines, dealers, reps, racers, and owners... and getting that feedback to the engineers.
ALL of which have been identified, and have been met with a resounding and deafening.... SILENCE out of both Austria and KTM U.S.A.
Even direct emails to their contact page result in nothing but a, "Thank you very much for your inquiry, which we have passed on directly to an appropriately qualified colleague." and then nothing ever.