T-Rex case covers hitting the ground

FDRider

Country flag
So I took my RC out to the track for my first track day ever and after running around the short circuit was hitting my peg feelers and then I drug my case protector on the left side. It obviously wasn’t good and stepped out my rear tire mid corner almost getting to use my frame sliders. Has anyone ever had this happen? My bike is pretty much stock except for a rapid bike and intake. I am about 200 lbs in full gear. I have bumped my rear shock preload up to almost the stiffest it can go. No other suspension modifications.
Thanks

Yes. I think a bunch of people who track their RCs have had similar issues. I know I used to drag the belly pan, both foot pegs and mid pipe on the exhaust all the time. The stock shock is trash. The stock rear-sets are in a crap position from the factory. The springs in the fork aren't that good either. I found quickly that the suspension was just too soft from the factory. It also has a progressive rear spring instead of a linear spring. To me, that's just terrible for a track bike. If you could only fix one thing at a time, I would start with the rear shock. Rear sets and forks would be my next investment.

For the street, none of this is really that big of a problem, but track wise, the RC needs some love to get the most out of it.

green_bread

Country flag
Replace rear shock with one that has adjustable height and raise the rear, as well as the front end. That was the cure for me.