Andy

Country flag
Got a reply from Fiberworks about price of their tail units

・US$178 (including tax 8%)
・shipping fees:US$45 (EMS 3days)

total:US$223

Andy

Country flag
If the unit was designed to take the stock seat would it also allow the Ergo seat to used as well?

Fiberworks from Japan on my bike ($219 shipped to KS). I guess you'd call this a modified 5-F-STR ?
Sorry about the numbers tape in a hurry during an endurance event when numbers came off....

.IMG_3195.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3193.jpg
    IMG_3193.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 1,084
Last edited:

bkruk

I got the Tyga race tail from Matt at Formula 390 (outstanding service btw) and it wasn't too hard to cut and fit on the bike with the stock lights, I didn't get too precise but good enough for me lol. Dremell and a cutting bit did the trick .....I don't think it looks too bad the cut job that is.....but the seat itself is outstanding!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6782.jpg
    IMG_6782.jpg
    680.9 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_6783.jpg
    IMG_6783.jpg
    699.4 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_6784.jpg
    IMG_6784.jpg
    604.1 KB · Views: 165

Child

That looks awesome. Thanks for the pictures bkruk. Now I have a backup plan if my choice isn't manufactured.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Out of interest does the Duke seat section fit on the RC?
Nope. Not as far as I know.

The front of the frame is mostly the same (different steering head angle I believe) but the tail section of the frame is completely different. Probably means that there is one jig at Bajaja for both bikes for the majority of the frame where they are tacked up with an initial spot weld, and then a different welding jig for the tails, and then those parts are mated up in a final jig where everything is final welded. Looking at the welds on the bikes I've examined I've seen lots of evidence of this assembly process.

And why they made the tail as a welded on section, rather than a bolt on (ESPECIALLY for the cup bikes!!!) is beyond me. Any crash that then bends the rear frame, means you've got to scrap the whole thing most likely... Rather than just bolting on a new rear frame assembly. It would have cost like $4. Just another example of a stupid place to have tried to save money on the bike. I get all those savings add up, but some of the places they made these trivial savings have a huge impact to long term ownership.

Austrians continue to baffle me sometimes with how they make such utterly ******** engineering decisions, which no German would ever even remotely consider an option. That's not just at KTM either.

(...says the guy with a German last name, so $0.02 and all that!)

Topaz

Country flag
I'll say 2FTM

That would be
2. Cup style, with foam, ability to bolt lights,
F. Made out of fiber glass,
T. Use would be track and street.
M. I wouldn't buy right now, but I'd eventually do.

Thanks for asking!

OldVet

Okay here's what I want for street use...

Stock configuration so all the stock stuff works and get rid of the buddy seat and give me some storage space in that area…

Hekimpd

Is it out of the realm of possibility it could be designed to look like the RC8 tail section? Just throwing that out there.

fs1ephil

If I decide to have the rear tail section white, i,d just get my local body shop to paint my original unit white with the flexible rubber bumper paint used on modern cars. I'm not bothered about the weight to much, saved loads of weight alread with rear sets etc.
Get roughly the same look would you not?

Just wondering if anything is going to happen with tail section options- Is this going to happen? - mainly asking on behalf of the street riders looking for a tail section to remove the padded rear seat.

Any updates would be appreciated - Thanks

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
It's getting very close. The mold for the first piece is nearly complete and production started. It takes a bit of time to go through the whole process for a production piece.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
There will be two styles. One will be the race style tail section, which will accept the lights. The other will be a replacement for the "passenger seat" which will still allow for the riders OEM (or power parts) seat to be retained, as well as the lights and signals.