Throttle Position sensor?

watchmaker

I'm in need of a spare Throttle Position Sensor for a 2015 RC 390.(#90141070000) I'm looking to make it adjustable and would like to get one as a spare in case things dont work
the way I want them to....has anyone here tried to do this yet?....looks to be pretty straight forward to modify to get it to be adjustable!...a couple small spacers and flat washers....
then cut the ends off both sides where screws go at an angle so as to be able to twist it for adjustment...should be able to adjust it by a lot with this mod!...also going to need to
make myself a wiring set up to be able to check on resistance to find its sweet spot, as the kits you get on amazon dont cover this model!....will take me a bit of time, but in
long run I think it should work...and save some people the cash outlay for getting a PCv or Bazzaz unit.....as I dont think it will take much to richen up fuel mix doing this adjustment.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Adjusting the tps wont do much for you. The closed loop range is huge (0-60% tps and below 7500 rpm in that range) and is driven/controlled by the oxygen senor so increasing tps voltage has no effect. I bump up throttle plate angle on my engine kit builds for a couple reasons and it has no bearing on fueling. Save your time and money and buy a PCV if you want to properly adjust fueling and timing :)