Traxxion Dynamics / JRi / Vortex / SBS

I will be sending my forks to Traxxion next Monday for an AK20 cartridge build and install. While there, they will also develop a spring, damper, oil upgrade package for budget upgrades (likely in the $300USD range). More info later. We have finalized the JRi package for the rear and have ordered units for stock.

I've ordered 51mm Vortex clip-ons for test
I will be testing SBS sintered SB brake pads over the next 2 weeks
Vortex will have rear sprockets available in the next 2 weeks
Vortex is also working to get front sprockets available as well. Specialty machining will delay this a bit.

Last edited:

DCMoney

Country flag
What about rearsets? I emailed Vortex but never got anything back.

Thanks for all your work toward getting us some aftermarket support!

FastFrank has a Cartridge Kit listed but backordered.

KTM RC390

Treachery

Country flag
Ups to gbabyracing! Appreciate the legwork. Once I get settled into the bike farther, I know I'll want to upgrade the suspension. Really want adjustability. Well, at least I think I do...need more saddle time as it sits. I have the luxury of being light, so the OE package isn't too bad so far.

Wa2fst

Country flag
Just ordered my JRi. Talked to woodcraft and the are set to have rearsets and case savers by mid June. Talked to Vortex and they are in their initial phase of rearsets. Called Sato about their $700 rearsets and they said it was not a pricing typo! Lol way to much money!

was told GB racing had a cartridge kit for the forks already

ryandalling

GP suspension is who I went with. They used my forks to make them. KFG Racing is also GP Suspension... same owner.

micahpearlman

Are you running the 2 way or 3 way Penske shock? I went for the 2 way. I've always felt that high speed dampening adjustment isn't really necessary for racing but curious on what others are getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you running the 2 way or 3 way Penske shock? I went for the 2 way. I've always felt that high speed dampening adjustment isn't really necessary for racing but curious on what others are getting.

It depends on what kind of tracks you are running. If they are very rough and you are trying to maintain corner speed at the exit, a triple might be for you. Most folks should probably just put at half way and forget it.

Wa2fst

Country flag
I went with the Street fighter JRi. they are able to add on if need be. But talking with Ken at Superbike Suspension said you would want to dip into the 2 and 3 way if you were doing multiple tracks. Im only doing 2 in our state so he said I would be more than fine with the streetfighter.

genx

Country flag
Micah, has Super Plush finished the cartridge and Penske shock for you? I ran a Penske on my RS125 (w/high speed circuit) and I swore I'd never race a bike without them again. The WP from KTM is $1500 (yikes) so I'm wondering what the Penske set you back. I'm not familiar with JRi.

Wa2fst

Country flag
Not sure how true any of this is but the suspension guy i use said the penske is basically an overhaul from some other existing shock but i cant confirm this. I was sold the JRi and told that it was an all new design with a small lighter setup. That the penske has a bigger piston or rod. But then again im no shock guru.

JRi is considerably lighter,
Less Hysteresis
Less gas pressure rise - reduced dynamic rod force
Better dynamic performance
Lower friction - side loading effects
Reduced stiction Runs higher in the stroke, and a lot more adjustable. On my Penske, I would frequently look at a tire and pass on a minor adjustment 'cause I was concerned it would other way - with JRi I take another click. The JRi is much easier to install the much larger Penske.
True floating piston
A single adjust with 10mm ride height for 699, (probably all you may need on a ULW bike) with remote reservoir for 799. Double for 985.