Dick_Justice

ugh.... $1,100 total to get everything. Thats a hard pill to swallow. Almost makes me just want to save my $$ and get a bigger bike.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
I am extremely interested in this exhaust. After reading all through this thread and talking to people on Youtube who have this exhaust I am at a confusion point. Is it 100% that i need to get the PC and Wideband to run this exhaust? A few people I've talked to say they are running it fine on the stock ECU with neither.

"Running fine" is one thing. Running optimally is a whole other deal.
Of course it will run, but as it has been stated in this thread the bike seems to run very lean, which in the long term isn't good for the performance or the heat production in the engine.

Especially if you take the decat in mind. This exhaust eliminates the stock catalysator, which in 99% of the cases will need a new map to run optimally (this goes for any bike/car).

Exactly what he said.

Yes, it will run. And Yes, many riders are just running the exhaust without a PCV.

But, It will run better, more optimal...... with a PCV.

We always recommend taking it in stages if budget doesn't allow for purchasing all at once.

Who knows, you may be content with just the exhaust.

NafizAliKhan

I have this exhaust with the PCV and Wideband. It is pretty loud. I was riding next to some people on the highway and they said their ears were ringing if they were on my right side.

I installed the wideband a few weeks after installing the PCV and exhaust. After putting the wideband on the bike runs much better than just with the PCV and map that came with it. Haven't gotten dyno tune yet.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
I have this exhaust with the PCV and Wideband. It is pretty loud. I was riding next to some people on the highway and they said their ears were ringing if they were on my right side.

I installed the wideband a few weeks after installing the PCV and exhaust. After putting the wideband on the bike runs much better than just with the PCV and map that came with it. Haven't gotten dyno tune yet.

That's the beauty of the Wideband.......... it tunes while you ride. totally customizing your Map, for your bike, running your fuel, where you live, with your mods.

eshep5

After all this talk about the bike running lean, I'm curious if my stock exhaust RC needs to be tuned for "optimal performance" reasons or is it going to last better OEM?

Fasteddy

Country flag
After all this talk about the bike running lean, I'm curious if my stock exhaust RC needs to be tuned for "optimal performance" reasons or is it going to last better OEM?

More optimal performance = no cat converter / 10 pounds lighter....

emiller

Country flag

That's the beauty of the Wideband.......... it tunes while you ride. totally customizing your Map, for your bike, running your fuel, where you live, with your mods.

The PCV with WB2 works really nice tuning the throttle part but once you get off throttle it leans out the map really bad to a point where the bike sound like if it has a big untuned cam, but if you know how to adjust your map at 0% Throttle you should be happy with the PCV + WB2 combo.

After 6 months of having this exhaust and the PCV+WB2 combo here is the bad.

1- My ears ring: I wear a Scorpion R710 helmet + Surefire 4 Sonic Defender Ear Plugs.
2- At stop light when I'm next to a car they always roll up their windows.
3- I have problems with my neighbors when my car is down (BECAUSE RACECAR) and I have to take the bike to work at 6am.
4- Did I said the exhaust is VERY!!!! loud?
5- PCV+WB2 leans out 0% position every time you load the new learning to the base map.

I am not exactly a noise sensible person, my daily driver is an evo 10 with a 2.2L stroker, S2 Cams, 1mm+ oversized valves, 3.5" intake and a catless 3" exhaust. And I didn't had ear ringing problems with that, been driving it since 2011.

I have a love/hate relation with this exhaust, I love how it sounds but I don't know for how long I will keep it, I wish there was a db killer for it.

Just because you guys didn't ask here are my babies xDD

20160511_085333.jpg

Last edited:

74d34h

This exhaust sounds good but it is not that loud. My wife always says she cannot hear her bike when my bike is next to hers. I love that Werkes on the little KTM it sounds really nice. The best advantage is the weight loss while retaining the OEM location.

The PCV with WB2 works really nice tuning the throttle part but once you get off throttle it leans out the map really bad to a point where the bike sound like if it has a big untuned cam, but if you know how to adjust your map at 0% Throttle you should be happy with the PCV + WB2 combo.

After 6 months of having this exhaust and the PCV+WB2 combo here is the bad.

1- My ears ring: I wear a Scorpion R710 helmet + Surefire 4 Sonic Defender Ear Plugs.
2- At stop light when I'm next to a car they always roll up their windows.
3- I have problems with my neighbors when my car is down (BECAUSE RACECAR) and I have to take the bike to work at 6am.
4- Did I said the exhaust is VERY!!!! loud?
5- PCV+WB2 leans out 0% position every time you load the new learning to the base map.

I am not exactly a noise sensible person, my daily driver is an evo 10 with a 2.2L stroker, S2 Cams, 1mm+ oversized valves, 3.5" intake and a catless 3" exhaust. And I didn't had ear ringing problems with that, been driving it since 2011.

I have a love/hate relation with this exhaust, I love how it sounds but I don't know for how long I will keep it, I wish there was a db killer for it.

Just because you guys didn't ask here are my babies xDD

View attachment 2521

Attachments

• Bikes2016.jpg
    Bikes2016.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 666

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
This exhaust sounds good but it is not that loud. My wife always says she cannot hear her bike when my bike is next to hers. I love that Werkes on the little KTM it sounds really nice. The best advantage is the weight loss while retaining the OEM location.

That's for the follow up and feedback.

Great looking bikes. BTW.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag

It would be nice to have options.

We've had some customer make one for themselves. Guess it's not too hard ?

nhenneman

any problems since remap/exhaust/dyno?

Ok here's what you're all waiting for.

Bad News
- There was a glitch during my first run that was causing the dyno to not display corrected torque/hp. So I don' have an apples to apples comparison before/after.
- OEM fueling is super freakin lean everywhere, even at idle. Explains why these bikes run so hot.
- The map supplied on the PCV needs a ton of work. Spent ~2hrs on the dyno smoothing out the 75%-100% throttle ranges because they were so off.
- This pipe doesn't do anything to help fix the torque slumps at 5k and 6k rpm like the yosh fixes. I could probably spend more time on the dyno to work on it but at $80/hr no thanks.

Neutral News
- This pipe doesn't make any more or less peak power than any other exhausts.There was another rc390 on this dyno the previous weekend with an arrow pipe and made within 0.1 hp of my bike, and that one had the snorkel removed and airbox mod.
- There's enough variation in dyno results that this seems to be in family with other exhausts.
- Mods: Werkes exhaust, Power Commander V, ~2hrs dyno time, K&N filter, OEM air box & snorkel (race rule restrictions), 91 octane pump gas, +2 degrees ignition timing (6 degrees advanced total).

Good News
- 39.47 hp @9k rpm, 25.48 lb-ft @7k rpm.
- You can fix the shitty OEM fueling pretty easily and make the bike a heck of a lot more rideable.
- Bike runs about 10 degrees F cooler now since its not so lean. Should fix some of the overheating problems.
- FIRE. Yep, this bad boy spits flames.

View attachment 2158

have you had any piston issues with the setup since the dyno tune? or any other problems due to the exhaust/remap?