Rexbo

Country flag
Update 2: Went racing this weekend with CVMA, and this bike is not down on power vs any other bikes on the grid, and the exhaust does not drag on anything (not that there's any way that it would). Had some great battles with other RC's, a couple R3s, and a really built CBR300, which all make approximately equivalent power. Definitely louder than the akras or yosh exhausts.

robenever

Update: exhaust is loud as I mentioned before but here this.. If he bike isn't properly warmed up, it will shut off on occasion. Current mods on my bike are; akra map, and g2 quick throttle. I'm pretty sure the throttle has nothing to do with it but just in case I'm metioning it. It seems the bike rinds great 95 percent of the time but I can almost pin point that it needs proper tunning. Pcv. Just my opinion. Any thoughts??

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Update: exhaust is loud as I mentioned before but here this.. If he bike isn't properly warmed up, it will shut off on occasion. Current mods on my bike are; akra map, and g2 quick throttle. I'm pretty sure the throttle has nothing to do with it but just in case I'm metioning it. It seems the bike rinds great 95 percent of the time but I can almost pin point that it needs proper tunning. Pcv. Just my opinion. Any thoughts??

That's exactly what we wound up doing , as do most of our customers with the same setup.

Once we installed the PCV with our custom map it ran much better.

After that we figured out the Wide Band would work great to control the closed loop, and now the bike runs amazingly well.

[video=youtube;zw-m72LwdmM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw-m72LwdmM[/video]

Sacape2

Once we installed the PCV with our custom map it ran much better.

After that we figured out the Wide Band would work great to control the closed loop, and now the bike runs amazingly well.

So if I get this exhaust, I'd have to get a PCV and Wideband to have the bike running tip top?

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
So if I get this exhaust, I'd have to get a PCV and Wideband to have the bike running tip top?

Correct.
And it would continue to customize your map specific for Your bike, with your mods, where you live, and the fuel you use.

No shared map can do all that. Just not possible.

dobr

I don't get it, these have been shipping since the end of November and no one has posted any reliable dyno info? I hate to say it makes me skeptical but why has the manufacture not done a bone stock curve vs exhaust installed curve? My RC was putting out 41.58hp at 25.71ft pounds with stock exhaust, K&N filter, open lid, with a PCV on a dynojet. I like the looks of the exhaust in that it maintains the stock look but I'm not going to plunk down $550 plus dyno time to find out if it does anything but make the bike louder.

Last edited:

Fasteddy

Country flag
I just checked 2 wheel dynoworks is having a dyno weekend in Vancouver Wa. weekend of the 18th, I will try and get my RC there even if I don't have the ECU remapped,

Rexbo

Country flag
I don't get it, these have been shipping since the end of November and no one has posted any reliable dyno info? I hate to say it makes me skeptical but why has the manufacture not done a bone stock curve vs exhaust installed curve? My RC was putting out 41.58hp at 25.71ft pounds with stock exhaust, K&N filter, open lid, with a PCV on a dynojet. I like the looks of the exhaust in that it maintains the stock look but I'm not going to plunk down $550 plus dyno time to find out if it does anything but make the bike louder.

See my post earlier in the thread. Due to a glitch it wasn't able to display the before/after curves side by side, but there are gains. Pretty much none of the pipes give you much in the way of peak HP gains, however the torque curves improve significantly. Compared to another 390 with an arrow exhaust it put almost identical hp numbers down on the same dyno (more than stock), so as noted, it doesnt seem better or worse than any of the other exhausts on the market. Peak HP isn't everything, its the area under the curve.

Also regardless of the exhaust, if you plan on tracking your bike at all the OEM fueling needs to get fixed, otherwise you're gonna have a bad time.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag

We've been selling exhaust for 17 years.

Only about 20-25% of all exhaust manufacturers take the time to make Dyno Charts public.

So this isn't some kind of conspiracy.

It's just the way it is and always has been.

Most likely in the case of the WERKES Exhaust........ they have been selling soo well, and can barely keep up with demand it's not really a priority for them.

The FACTS are:

You save a Ton of weight.
You save a Ton of Heat (your shock will thank you)
You get a great looking exhaust.
IT's OEM Fit and OEM Look.
And it Sounds great.

And as REXBO Posted previously.......... it makes great torque improvements.

attachment.php

dobr

We've been selling exhaust for 17 years.

Only about 20-25% of all exhaust manufacturers take the time to make Dyno Charts public.

So this isn't some kind of conspiracy.

It's just the way it is and always has been.

Most likely in the case of the WERKES Exhaust........ they have been selling soo well, and can barely keep up with demand it's not really a priority for them.

The FACTS are:

And it Sounds great.

Not saying it's a conspiracy just pointing out that there is very little data to back up what is being claimed in terms of power and torque. The only way to prove what is gained is to compare a dyno graph from a bike with a stock muffler to the same bike with the Werkes exhaust. That should tell you what kind of improvement there is to be gained. As I have said multiple times I am interested in the exhaust because it retains the oem location of the exhaust outlet but I am the type of person that needs proof that my money will be well spent. I just haven't seen that yet and I would have expected that someone would have posted empirical data by this point in time but all I keep seeing is the final dyno run graph that doesn't really show the improvement in performance as claimed.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
...........very little data to back up what is being claimed in terms of power and torque. ................... all I keep seeing is the final dyno run graph that doesn't really show the improvement in performance as claimed.

Not following you here ?

Who's making any Power claims ?

WERKES has made no claims on any power gains at all.

Neither have we.

Please show us where you are seeing these "Claims " you are referring to ?

dobr

The FACTS are:

And it Sounds great.

How can it make more torque without making more power?

Torque (lb.in) = 63,025 x Power (HP) / Speed (RPM)

If power and speed stay the same then torque is the same?

I'm really not trying to be a troll just trying to figure out if this is a worthy upgrade?

Sacape2

The C3 software doesn't support our bikes, I was able to read the auto tune info and send it but it messed up the installed map and the bike started idling bad and shutting down.

I loaded the previous map from my laptop and everything went back to normal, so for now until a new release I highly recommend to stay away from the C3 software Version: 1.0.3

Hey man! You're local to me, do you think I can cruise by sometime to hear the exhaust in person? Maybe show me exactly what you did to get the bike running right? I don't wanna plunk down over $1k in parts and be unsatisfied.

A1VW2NV

Country flag
Not saying it's a conspiracy just pointing out that there is very little data to back up what is being claimed in terms of power and torque. The only way to prove what is gained is to compare a dyno graph from a bike with a stock muffler to the same bike with the Werkes exhaust. That should tell you what kind of improvement there is to be gained. As I have said multiple times I am interested in the exhaust because it retains the oem location of the exhaust outlet but I am the type of person that needs proof that my money will be well spent. I just haven't seen that yet and I would have expected that someone would have posted empirical data by this point in time but all I keep seeing is the final dyno run graph that doesn't really show the improvement in performance as claimed.

As previously stated, MOST exhaust manufacturers don't publish their dyno graphs. We as consumers take their word based on reputation and word of mouth. At this time there are essentially no other players in the RC 390 exhaust game that allow you to keep the exhaust in the stock location. Which is a shame, because anybody can make a can and hang it off the side of the bike, in turn ruining one of the coolest features of our bikes. In my opinion, this exhaust is for those of us that want to keep that stock look, possibly add a little power, and change the tone in the process. To be blunt, your options are extremely limited at this point. Hence the reason so many are buying this exhaust, dyno graphs be damned.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
...........very little data to back up what is being claimed in terms of power and torque. ................... all I keep seeing is the final dyno run graph that doesn't really show the improvement in performance as claimed.

Neither have we.

dobr

Neither have we.

Once again I have quoted you above where you very clearly state that the exhaust "makes great torque improvements". Did you not state this?

I am merely pointing out that it is impossible to increase torque unless you increase power, which is precisely what you have stated above.

I am ok with the exhaust not producing any additional power.

I get the benefits claimed which are:
You save a Ton of weight. Fact.
You save a Ton of Heat (your shock will thank you) Not sure this has been proven, but ok.
You get a great looking exhaust. Agreed.
IT's OEM Fit and OEM Look. Agreed
And it Sounds great. Definitely sounds better on the videos provided. Keep in mind that a lot of tracks are starting to enforce 103db sound levels (Jennings 103db, PIR 103db, Laguna is 90db and possibly soon NCM at 103db) and if you are getting 94db at 8000rpm I wonder what it will be at when running at 10,000rpm?

I would pull the trigger on this exhaust if there were any power benefits to it at all but it doesn't appear that there is any evidence that there is. I am only asking if anyone has any data that shows this. If they did I would order it today as I am just as interested in function as I am form and never plan to have mine on track.

DCMoney

Country flag
Once again I have quoted you above where you very clearly state that the exhaust "makes great torque improvements". Did you not state this?

I am merely pointing out that it is impossible to increase torque unless you increase power, which is precisely what you have stated above.

I am ok with the exhaust not producing any additional power.

I get the benefits claimed which are:
You save a Ton of weight. Fact.
You save a Ton of Heat (your shock will thank you) Not sure this has been proven, but ok.
You get a great looking exhaust. Agreed.
IT's OEM Fit and OEM Look. Agreed
And it Sounds great. Definitely sounds better on the videos provided. Keep in mind that a lot of tracks are starting to enforce 103db sound levels (Jennings 103db, PIR 103db, Laguna is 90db and possibly soon NCM at 103db) and if you are getting 94db at 8000rpm I wonder what it will be at when running at 10,000rpm?

I would pull the trigger on this exhaust if there were any power benefits to it at all but it doesn't appear that there is any evidence that there is. I am only asking if anyone has any data that shows this. If they did I would order it today as I am just as interested in function as I am form and never plan to have mine on track.

NCM was enforcing 103db limit in October when I was there.