Which One (Chain Options)?

Diploman

For those who are interested in optimal chain lubrication, long chain/sprocket life and reduced need for chain adjustment, there is a strong argument for fitting a simple manual chain oiler such as the Tuturo or Loobman. Both of these very basic devices weigh almost nothing and will more than compensate for their tiny mass with increased chain efficiency. Both deliver oil (your choice of type /weight) to both sides of the rear sprocket, where centrifugal force carries it into the chain's inner sides: X/O rings remain lubed and moist, the roller/sprocket interface is constantly lubed, and the chain plate junctions have minimum friction against one another. Far less time is wasted on chain adjustment and maintenance because of wear and chain stretch. The general consensus is that an oiler will extend chain and sprocket life about 3X longer than that of a hand-oiled chain. Neither of these basic models requires any electrical or vacuum connections. Should be OEM equipment on a chain-drive bike, IMO.

https://www.tutorochainoiler.com/

LoobMan Motorcycle Chain Oiler Loobman chain-oiler - Home page

mdabyo

Country flag
on the chain discussion, what chains are everyone running at the track? heard some people go for smaller lighter chains instead of 520's. thoughts?

green_bread

Country flag
I dont know of anyone making a smaller chain kit for the RC 390. I talked to Spears about making a 415 or 428 kit if we could get enough interest generated, but that fell through due to lack of interest. Im still using the 520 chain/sprockets on my bike but have replaced the sprockets with Driven and SuperLite units. The chain was replaced with an EK 520 MVXZ.

OldVet

I am a DID fan as some others are. This one is for my Super Duke or S1000RR which ever needs if first. I put a 520 like this on my 390 when the oem chain went away in 6K miles... I prefer not to skimp when it comes to my chain...

img20170306_14011397.jpg

OldVet

I have change the sprokets too? or only the chain?

A lot of people will tell you to do sprockets, but they are probably using aluminum sprockets. Steel sprockets will last a long time, if they look good I don't change them.

owspeed

Country flag
I run an DID ERV2 520 chain (non-O-ring) and went -1 front and -4 rear (alloy) for max weight savings and slightly taller gearing.

Rolling resistance is much better compared to stock!

Examples below....BUt please support the forum sponsors!
DID Chain 520 ERT2 MX/Off Road Chain - GOLD (any length) - OFF ROAD Chains - CHAINS

SUPERLITE (#73305R) 520 Pitch Chromoly-Steel Front Sprocket - KTM 390 - RC 390 2014-2016 - KTM - STREET

SUPERLITE RS-8R Series (#72202R) 520 Pitch Hard-Anodized Aluminum Rear Sprocket - KTM 390 - RC 390 2014-2016 - KTM - STREET