Adjustable Shorty levers from EBay $35 (+8 shipping)

RoninJames

So I have used these on ALL of my bikes and never had any issues.
Figured I would give them a shot on the RC.
Ordered from ebay and expected shipping was over a month from china...
pleasantly surprised to get them in the mail only 9 days after ordering!

cnc'ed anodized adjustable shorty levers with laser engraved KTM

fit was really good. same amount of play as stock. i was able to add a small washer in the clutch side lever which made them slightly more firm than the stock.
went for a ride and they work great. and cant beat the price!
1275089_1612260662392528_2110879522919478896_o.jpg10497368_1612299202388674_2582237938627828897_o.jpg11143332_1612298965722031_3669214504767952822_o.jpg11402346_1612260635725864_4386510517219914903_o.jpg11406684_1612260672392527_5422982370108929059_o.jpg

Treachery

Country flag
Gosh yes. The only wrinkle is that you have to remove the clutch interlock switch underneath the left lever in order to get the cable off. Not tough, but you're working "upside down and blind."

Question, RoninJames: Where do you have the adjuster set on each side? I have a set of the standard length levers, and have to have the clutch side at the "closest" setting, and it's still a long reach, while the brake lever has to be set at the "farthest" setting, otherwise the throw is too short, meaning I can pull it to the bar no sweat.

RoninJames

• easy to install? do you have a link to the eBay page?

REALLY easy to install, just make sure you remove the small box under the clutch side (i think its a cut off maybe?) before pulling the clutch lever out.
its literally a couple bolt, a couple screws and done.

Short Brake Clutch Levers for KTM 125 200 390 Duke 12 15 RC 125 200 390 2014 | eBay

hopefully its not against the rules to post the link... i know if i am selling something i can, but this is someone else.

RoninJames

Gosh yes. The only wrinkle is that you have to remove the clutch interlock switch underneath the left lever in order to get the cable off. Not tough, but you're working "upside down and blind."

Question, RoninJames: Where do you have the adjuster set on each side? I have a set of the standard length levers, and have to have the clutch side at the "closest" setting, and it's still a long reach, while the brake lever has to be set at the "farthest" setting, otherwise the throw is too short, meaning I can pull it to the bar no sweat.

yes Treachery that is the little box i am talking about. and to get under there i just loosened the bar clamp of the perch and rotated it up so i could see better what i was working with.

as for the settings: brake side is at the second closest. doesnt even come close to my bars. clutch side i played around a little and settled on the third from closest. not too far but still enough to two finger pull to my other knuckles and have it disengage.

Treachery

Country flag
I ordered mine "on spec," guessing that they'd be the same from the Duke/RC 125 and 200. Either they're not, or the seller built them up with the wrong adjuster cams. I also had to fabricate a "bushing" out of plastic to take up the slack at the pivot bolt. There was about a millimeter of difference, and it's mighty tough to cut/drill a metal bushing to 0.5mm thickness. I sent them pics of the bushing and of what settings I had to use; hopefully they'll remedy it before they sell RC390 specific ones.

Here are pics of the layout underneath the clutch lever:

UnderClutch_A.jpg

The switch installs so that the tab fits into this hole:

View attachment 802

Here's the pivot screw "bushing:"

Sleeve-2_A.jpg Bushing2_A.jpg

Here's what mine look like:

T2WLevers_A.jpg

I'll post pics of them installed when I get them down to size.

RoninJames

yea treachery i had the bushing issue on my ninja 250 w a set, but the bushing was inside the stock ninja lever luckily and fit rt in to the aftermarket.

these i didnt have any fitment issue with at all. just had to add a small washer under the clutch lever to eliminate a small amount of play

Chris

I have been looking at these for awhile. I just purchased this exact set. When you say washer, will any run of the mill washer work?

also, does any adjustment need done to the clutch after installing these? I'm assuming since these are adjustable they will throw off my normal "friction zone".

I am new to this. Sorry for all the questions.

Treachery

Country flag
I slacked the cable to make it easier to remove from the OE lever. I just looked at the number of threads showing before and after I backed off the locknut (knurled wheel), and put it back there. I did end up readjusting it, because it seemed too tight. All that's easy too. As to the washer, I didn't need that with mine.

RoninJames

I have been looking at these for awhile. I just purchased this exact set. When you say washer, will any run of the mill washer work?

also, does any adjustment need done to the clutch after installing these? I'm assuming since these are adjustable they will throw off my normal "friction zone".

I am new to this. Sorry for all the questions.

yea Chris its just a basic stainless steel washer. you may not even need it,i could have lived without but i saw the opp to really tighten it up and tried it.
i slid it in on the underside of the lever.

as for the clutch i didnt really do anything. once its mounted i just found the correct click adjustment to give me the proper engage/disengage point using two fingers.
its really pretty easy. if you have any questions when you get em just ask

Tito_gsx

So I have used these on ALL of my bikes and never had any issues.
Figured I would give them a shot on the RC.
Ordered from ebay and expected shipping was over a month from china...
pleasantly surprised to get them in the mail only 9 days after ordering!

cnc'ed anodized adjustable shorty levers with laser engraved KTM

fit was really good. same amount of play as stock. i was able to add a small washer in the clutch side lever which made them slightly more firm than the stock.
went for a ride and they work great. and cant beat the price!
View attachment 796View attachment 797View attachment 798View attachment 799View attachment 800

Thanks for the tip ronin. I just bought these and the brake & clutch guards from same ebay seller, I will install and report back

rc_Guy

How long did the shipping take? Looks like its coming from China...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

micah360

in the first post he says he received his 9 days from ordering...

I ordered some on June 26th... so we shall see.

How long did the shipping take? Looks like its coming from China...

rc_Guy

Oops... I didn't look at the original post.. Thanks for answering though!

Treachery

Country flag
Here are my regular length ones actually installed:

Brake1A.jpg

Clutch1A.jpg

They look silver-ish in the pix, but they're a titanium color; goes well with the lighter grey in the RC's graphics. The orange adjuster is a good match for the KTM anodized bits.

RoninJames

Here are my regular length ones actually installed:

View attachment 827

View attachment 828

They look silver-ish in the pix, but they're a titanium color; goes well with the lighter grey in the RC's graphics. The orange adjuster is a good match for the KTM anodized bits.

they look good Treach. they are full length right? not shortys.
how was the install? much play/wiggle once installed?
also you still have ur plastic fork caps on too! lol i still have mine on... i got made fun of in our facebook rc390 group for not pulling them off yet

micah360

I received my levers today. 6 days total from China. I will report again once I have them installed.