Adjustable Shorty levers from EBay $35 (+8 shipping)

RoninJames

Do all of these have a lot of vertical play on the brake side? Mine has some wiggle, like the stock lever, where it connects to the perch, and it also has a good bit of play at the adjuster joint. It is kinda scary how far up and down the lever wiggles.

my brake lever didnt really have much wiggle, the clutch had a bit so i put a washer on the underside and sured it up. try a washer or 2 if you need it, put a little grease on em.

Treachery

Country flag
Mine has some play (not shorties, different source than the OP), but no more than the OE. More than the BMW GS, about the same as the Yamaha.

OldVet

I ordered a pair of the folding shorty's and to my surprise the got here is less than two weeks. I too found the clutch had a little more play than I like so I added a washer and that snugged it right up.

Last edited:

aj@x

I bought the same levers and didn't like them at all, i find the oem levers to be far more comfortable and functional. That's not to say the levers are rubbish, just personal preference really and i'd never tried "shorties" before. There was also quite a bit of slop where the other two joints are bolted together which could of been better if they had made the pass through hole for the bolt of better tolerance. They look the part but i'm a fussy bastard when it comes to workmanship especially since these are essentially also vital control points of the bike, glad i tried em out but i'll pass.