Aftermarket clipons and upper triple clamp

Berto585

Country flag
For those of you running aftermarket clipons.. do you guys get the ones with risers to get the feel of the stock clipons? For instance I see woodcraft and vortex offer the 3” or 4” riser with the clipons but Tyga just has 6degree slant on theirs.. I had a crash at the track and bent my triple and left clipon.. I’m looking to get an aftermarket upper triple as well as aftermarket clipons..

Lima6

IMG_0619.jpg

I am running chinese clip ons with the duke triple clamp, no risers. The positioning is pretty comfortable however the only issue I have run into is the clutch wire is now a little too long and bends awkwardly. Oh and also now I cant use the steering lock as the duke triple clamp puts the ignition barrel slightly off centre, however this can be fixed by taking a dremel to the frame and creating a larger slot for the steering lock to slot in - i just havent bothered to do so.

Last edited:

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
For those of you running aftermarket clipons.. do you guys get the ones with risers to get the feel of the stock clipons? For instance I see woodcraft and vortex offer the 3” or 4” riser with the clipons but Tyga just has 6degree slant on theirs.. I had a crash at the track and bent my triple and left clipon.. I’m looking to get an aftermarket upper triple as well as aftermarket clipons..

It depends on what you are going for. If you want a sporty feel get the Tyga. if you want a standard / duke riding position, get the risers.