Akra map with stock street

Dean

Hey guys. My 1000km service is nearly due, and from what I've read about the akra map, I reckon I'll get it uploaded to my street stock RC. But I have a few queries, does it run better? Or to lean without the Akra pipe?

Bagwell

Country flag
CJwell with KTM Performance which is a sponsor of this forum has a nice stockish map for the RC390 to use on the Power Commander V. It was done in Kentucky I think and on a stock street bike with only a K&N air filter and the airbox lid removed. I have not had a chance to ride it more than about 20 miles since installation but it seems more torquey in the midrange and doesnt overheat as quickly or often. Loud intake noise is surprising while on the bike. I like the results so far but need to ride longer.

reenmachine

Country flag
Does your bike actually ever over heat? Or do you count as the fan coming on as over heating?

I hope nobody considers the fan coming on as overheating.

My bike, however, regularly boils the coolant and pukes out the overflow as described in other threads. However, the 6000' altitude may be a contributor.

ArkansasDave

I hope nobody considers the fan coming on as overheating.

My bike, however, regularly boils the coolant and pukes out the overflow as described in other threads. However, the 6000' altitude may be a contributor.

It also doesn't register as being over heated on the temp gauge. Boiling in the over flow doesn't mean over heating either.

Dean

so from reading the akra post from a while back, it says the with the akra map on a stock street RC will give the bike 3hp and 250 more rpm. however will is be boggy up around 1st and second gear?

Bagwell

Country flag
Not overheat, I mis spoke. Long day at work. I live in SE Texas and have ridden it around this summer. It gets pretty hot here compared to some places and I expected it to run a little warm but I think much of the fan coming on at times was the lean condition of course. This PCV map has helped with the lean condition I guess is what I was getting at. :)

ArkansasDave

Not overheat, I mis spoke. Long day at work. I live in SE Texas and have ridden it around this summer. It gets pretty hot here compared to some places and I expected it to run a little warm but I think much of the fan coming on at times was the lean condition of course. This PCV map has helped with the lean condition I guess is what I was getting at. :)

Ok making sure since I think the overheating has been wildly over hyped and not really happening. I'm also in SE Texas and the one street ride and trackdays/races and I never had a problem. Sure the fan comes on but it's supposed to, that's the whole point of having it there.

SPG

My bike is not boggy at all, and the map was about 12.8-13:1 across the range (just about where I'd want it) at sea level with non-ethanol pump gas. Very driveable with smooth roll on. No reason I can think of not to do it.
-Sean

Dean

My bike is not boggy at all, and the map was about 12.8-13:1 across the range (just about where I'd want it) at sea level with non-ethanol pump gas. Very driveable with smooth roll on. No reason I can think of not to do it.
-Sean

Thanks, i reckon i will go ahead with doing it.

KTMGene390

Quick question. I will be using the Bazzaz Z-AFM Wideband o2 sensor to map the bike this weekend. I don't yet have access to a dyno, but will be riding on the road to get a basic fuel map started. My question is what target A/F ratio should I use? 12.8-13.4 is what I'm thinking? I have the Akrapovic slip-on exhaust, MNNTHBX airbox plate & K&N filter.

reenmachine

Country flag
It also doesn't register as being over heated on the temp gauge. Boiling in the over flow doesn't mean over heating either.

Correct, but I consider boiling in the tank and spraying coolant all over the ground enough to call it that and implement some corrective action.