Akra map with stock street

Willasan

So the consensus is the stock set up with Akra map is good to go? I'm not going to burn up my cat from excess fuel?

kings4thecup

Nice....i'm getting mine done at Ducati of Beverly Hills tomorrow! They said it will take about 30 min or so...charging me $100 but its the only place I know that will do it near me....theres another place that will do it for $45 but I have to take my bike on a truck and the guy was kind of a douche. Duacti of BH will let me drive my bike to them which is a plus because I don't want to have to tow it...more of a hassle. I only have the KN&N

Dean

That will simply not happen, it's not that much richer, and you are better off slightly rich than too lean all the time.

So it would not hurt to have the akra map installed? and if the chance of putting a exhaust on besides the akra exhaust. will it benefit it anyways?

kings4thecup

So it would not hurt to have the akra map installed? and if the chance of putting a exhaust on besides the akra exhaust. will it benefit it anyways?

i talked to Gene about this very topic yesterday...(met him while we were both riding our RC's) and according to him the bike can only benefit from having the stock ECU reflashed with the latest Akra map.

Dean

i talked to Gene about this very topic yesterday...(met him while we were both riding our RC's) and according to him the bike can only benefit from having the stock ECU reflashed with the latest Akra map.

is that with the stock exhaust? or aftermarket?

kings4thecup

i have a stock...i won't be getting an exhaust...wont have the bike long enough for it to make sense or to waste the money on it....personally i don't like the way they sound on our bike either.

killer b6393

Guys,

Just brought my 390 back for the first service and valve adjustment. I told them to put the akra map on it and it is ALL STOCK. I am convinced it runs better, it seems like the fan comes on less. I would recommend doing it. It doesn't bog like people are saying in 1st and 2nd gear it feels the same to me. They charged me $30 to remap it.

KTMGene390

Just a heads up: flashing your ECU with the Akra map may or may not void your warranty depending on how KTM interprets it. Otherwise there is no harm in doing so, but it is not clear you will benefit as much if your bike is completely stock. Ideally you want to have at least a K&N filter or equivalent and air box mod.

kings4thecup

Well everyone...i went to BH Ducati and they attempted to refresh the ECU. Unfortunately they could not do it...they tried every possible map to refresh but for some reason there was an Error coming up...Anyone live in California reflash their ECU?

Wa2fst

Country flag
Not sure how true this is but on my 1290 the akra map richened it up a tad since most these bikes are pretty lean out of the crate. At least thats the feedback from folks who put it on the dyno before bolting on parts.