alpha 13 reviews?

noamkrief

Hello,
I see on this forum people saying that the alpha 13 is not that great and that the kids that HAVE to use them complain all the time.
Also, I heard from 1 more person 1st hand that they weren't all that great.

I already bough a few sets so I will use them while getting used to this great, amazing small fun bike, but what should I switch to for max grip?

Obviously for track use only.

I'm looking for max lean angle, why else would we have RC 390 right? all about carrying momentum and max corner speed because we don't have power.
So what tire give the most grip for highest lean angle? Pirelli soft carcass, but if has good grip, I'll try that next.

Also - for my dunlop - what pressures? 30/30 on warmers? I'm used to NTEC for the R6 running like 20 in the rear. 30 rear? really?

OK, thank you guys!
Noam

Tdel

I have a friend that is a tire vendor and another that does all the work on Mazzioto's (SP) cup bike, they both agree that the alpha's are the same compound as the Q3's, not surprising on colder days and when not pushed they are ok, but when pushed they are greasy and slower than SC's.

nino209

I have used them and for track day pace they are ok, i use the rear for racing and i use a Dunlop 115 slick for the front, it is a moto 3 rear, CVMA allows it, so far the best combo i have found, the rear alpha last forever, I'm not one of the fastest in my class, but i can run consistent run 2:05s at chuck, 4 races per race weekend and i can still see places where I'm loosing time, due to my lack of talent, not tire issues, working on that, the front alpha is another story, that tire does suck.

big_sur

Pirelli Supercorsa 110/140

Most of our grid is on them. Our cup kid switched from the dunlop to pirelli and dropped 2 seconds. The a13 is junk.

+1, SC1/SC2 is the ticket. I tried an a13 rear since our Pirelli vendor sold out of 140's one weekend and it sucked balls. It doesn't have the absolute grip that the Pirelli does and it releases much more abruptly, and without the warning that the Pirelli gives. I'm on pace with Jason Madama, who typically podiums at chuck when he goes down there in the winter.