Andreani Fork Cartridge install?

mdabyo

Country flag
Anyone installed these themselves? I am pretty mechanically inclined and am more than happy to break a motor but have never done suspension before, but am eager to learn :) if anyone has an install video or better instructions that would be awesome!

-Jason

Andy

Country flag
Check out the Grom(?) video on Hard Racings YouTube page.

Not sure if these are clear as well ...

Screenshot_20170301-174407.jpgScreenshot_20170301-174410.jpgScreenshot_20170301-174417.jpgScreenshot_20170301-174424.jpg

GOJO

As far as im aware the fork bottom needs removing grub screw and then its loctited on (which apparantly was a bit of a bast@rd) and then there is a spacer to remove from the fork bottom, shim stack from the stock fork is laughable , only thing i wish i had of done was had the stancions nitride coated while in bits , guess i'll just wait till there due a service and arrange it then.

RDAlphaRider

I talked to a suspension guy about this today and he said it's a major PITA. The instructions provided with the cartridges don't give enough detail on what needs to be done. Fairly generic.

mdabyo

Country flag
thats pretty much what i was epecting.. ug. I have a spare slighly bent fork i am going to toy with, if i think its going to be too much of a pain i will have to take them in to get installed. ug..

RDAlphaRider

That's....interesting. Considering I've seen it mentioned in a few different places that they are reverse threaded at the bottom.

I ran into the same issue, stuck getting those bottoms off. They are at a shop now. Hoping to hear back in a day or so.