Annoying Fairing and Battery Cover Vibration

Dglen

Hey guys,

Anyone found an easy solution to the vibrations that are apparently very common on the RC390 through different parts of the rev range? I'm scratching my head chasing an answer

Cheers,
Dan

psych0hans

Country flag
Maybe try adding rubber washers to dampen the vibrations? Like where the battery box mounts on the frame, add some rubber washers in between.

paige

i'm having the same issue...been trying to dampen it with a variety of materials and i still can't get it to stop!

micah360

I had the same rattle / vibe coming from my fairing too. I removed the fairings to install another windscreen and after I put everything back together the rattle is gone. So that tells me some of the bolts weren't quite snug enough. I didn't have the rattle from the battery cover though.

Guyhowdy

I had a buzzing noise that I noticed at stop lights. I thought it was coming from the windscreen as I had recently swapped out the stock for the racing version. But it turned out to be coming from the combination instrument display screen. Every time I would grab it, the buzzing would immediately stop. I wiggled the screen around every time I heard it at a stop and it eventually worked itself out and I don't notice it anymore.