Anyone try this digital shop manual?

reenmachine

Country flag
Looks a little sketchy -- the listing is for the shop manual but has a bunch of details for fender flares?

Is it anything more than the pdf of the factory shop manual that you can easily find for free?

powertoweight

Country flag
That is all that I am looking for. Not sure if this group advocates such things. But where would I tell a friend to look for such a pdf?

reenmachine

Country flag
That's very reasonable. I'm used to the manufacturers charging too much.

Yes, gone are the days when it was hundreds of dollars for the shop manuals. I think the manufacturers realized that in this digital age if they charged that much people would just pirate it and they'd get nothing. When they charge a reasonable fee I'm more than happy to pay it to thank them for making the information available.

john13

Country flag
I have the shop manual and could send it to you discretely haha I think they frown upon it being posted openly

zana.mark.smith

I have the shop manual and could send it to you discretely haha I think they frown upon it being posted openly
Any chances I could discretely grab that manual too :D? I'm quite happy to buy you some beers or beverage of your choice via cardless cash or bank transfer :D? Just so you aren't doing it for free.

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
I just wish the service manual were not so incomplete. There are huge gaps, whole areas of the bike that are not even mentioned, much less explained. And then there are other areas where they repeat the same information over and over rather than just reference it. And, maybe someday I will start to understand how to effectively interpret KTM's way of writing electrical schematics. It is very difficult to follow their wiring diagrams.

<Rant off; sorry>

Oh, and on topic, one thing to note about cheap PDF files that people sell online: Not only do they violate copyright law, but they also lack any navigation functionality. Not that KTM does a great job in that respect, but it is a difference. Personally, I prefer not to be an intellectual property thief, so I buy the genuine disc.

Andy

Country flag
On my '15 RC I just use the Duke manual, served me well and easily found online.

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-801W using Tapatalk