Are GPR even trying with their underbody exhaust?

CDN Duke

Country flag
Thanks for posting the vid chrisdigital21 - very helpful! Way better than the GPR videos for this pipe online now...

You stated you're running just the outer/lower baffle, is there a second optional internal one as well?

Sounded decent to me, hard to gauge volume of course, but overall didn't seem too obnoxious. I'm not keen on losing any power at this point, so will run with the Akra map and MNNTHBOX airbox lid for a bit and see how that goes first.

Last edited:

chrisdigital21

Thanks for posting the vid chrisdigital21 - very helpful! Way better than the GPR videos for this pipe online now...

You stated you're running just the outer/lower baffle, is there a second optional internal one as well?

Sounded decent to me, hard to gauge volume of course, but overall didn't seem too obnoxious. I'm not keen on losing any power at this point, so will run with the Akra map and MNNTHBOX airbox lid for a bit and see how that goes first.

:DGlad To help. Play the sound from the video out of a full range audio system with a good sub, you will then be able to hear how loud it really is. As for the baffle's, Yes it comes with two, one for the inlet side and one for the outlet. I tried the inlet one by itself, but it reduced the exhaust open to a 1.2 in hole inside and made it soud so shrill i could not deal with it, then in ran it open....all kinds of nope there. I then tried the outlet baffle alone . Bingo, ran great and sounded ,.....tolerable. I am running a custom fuel map with a 12.5k rev limiter on a PC 5. Def did not lose any power, I am guessing by my benchmarks done on a certain road I use(in the video) that it definitely accelerates to 100 quicker then stock for sure. Oh, and I use the stock airbox as it is best tuned the way it is i found through trial and error.

So , My mods are...
Power commander 5 with custom map
GPR Ghost exhaust system (running outlet baffle)
16T Driven Racing front sprocket with stock rear sprocket.

Cheers!

D

Deleted member 452

:DGlad To help. Play the sound from the video out of a full range audio system with a good sub, you will then be able to hear how loud it really is. As for the baffle's, Yes it comes with two, one for the inlet side and one for the outlet. I tried the inlet one by itself, but it reduced the exhaust open to a 1.2 in hole inside and made it soud so shrill i could not deal with it, then in ran it open....all kinds of nope there. I then tried the outlet baffle alone . Bingo, ran great and sounded ,.....tolerable. I am running a custom fuel map with a 12.5k rev limiter on a PC 5. Def did not lose any power, I am guessing by my benchmarks done on a certain road I use(in the video) that it definitely accelerates to 100 quicker then stock for sure. Oh, and I use the stock airbox as it is best tuned the way it is i found through trial and error.

So , My mods are...
Power commander 5 with custom map
GPR Ghost exhaust system (running outlet baffle)
16T Driven Racing front sprocket with stock rear sprocket.

Cheers!

Our bikes stop making power at 9K RPMs so why are you running a 12.5K rev limit?

chrisdigital21

Our bikes stop making power at 9K RPMs so why are you running a 12.5K rev limit?

My bike goes great all the way to 12.5k and pulls well. Don't know what you have for exhaust and what custom map you run, but My engine definitely has great pull all the way up. Have a peek at my video. Cheers.

chrisdigital21

I guess , in further thought, I do often shift in the 10.5-11K area on hard accel and the raised rev limit is nice as you don't bump into the rev limier, so to speak. All in all, I am very happy with the setup and the bike.

D

Deleted member 452

cdbuild.jpg
I'm running a custom map by Chad at Performance KTM- Here's one of his dyno charts comparing a bike with similar mods to stock. You can see that torque starts to go away after 9K and horsepower drops a little bit afterwards. I've tried shifting all the way up to 10K (Akra map limit is 10,250) and 9.5K seems to bee the best shift point for fastest acceleration according to my "butt dyno"...

chrisdigital21

View attachment 3028
I'm running a custom map by Chad at Performance KTM- Here's one of his dyno charts comparing a bike with similar mods to stock. You can see that torque starts to go away after 9K and horsepower drops a little bit afterwards. I've tried shifting all the way up to 10K (Akra map limit is 10,250) and 9.5K seems to bee the best shift point for fastest acceleration according to my "butt dyno"...

Super!, Thanks for sharing the info!

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I can only imagine how long it will last turning a 390 to 12.5k on stock valve train, hell the springs aren't good for 10k stock rev limit long :D. I've seen dropped valves and beat up keepers on stockers fail. I only turn my 'kit' ones to 11.2k.... I can only think that it's down in the mid 30's hp too way out there at best.

chrisdigital21

I can only imagine how long it will last turning a 390 to 12.5k on stock valve train, hell the springs aren't good for 10k stock rev limit long :D. I've seen dropped valves and beat up keepers on stockers fail. I only turn my 'kit' ones to 11.2k.... I can only think that it's down in the mid 30's hp too way out there at best.

I do not purposely run my engine at 12.5K, lol 98% of the time it is between 4k-8k. Thanks for the info though.

D

Deleted member 452

I do not purposely run my engine at 12.5K, lol 98% of the time it is between 4k-8k. Thanks for the info though.

Might want to lower your RPM limit in case you miss a shift- It's saved me a couple of times ; )

chrisdigital21

Might want to lower your RPM limit in case you miss a shift- It's saved me a couple of times ; )

I am probably going-to disable the "rev extender" on the PCV. On another note..... Just though of this......Imagine a Aprila SXV 5.5 engine in a RC390..............woah. :)