Austin TX: New to the RC & KTM

Corey

Country flag
Howdy, I wanted to have a quick intro for myself. I recently purchased my RC 390 and am in the process of [slowly] getting it ready to do some racing and track days. The bike so far has been a blast on the street, and I'm looking forward to getting it on track. It's been a revelation that it's both the slowest bike I've owned, but is tops on grin factor.

emeglasson

Welcome! So true, the bike is an absolute blast to ride. IMHO, it makes liter bikes seem silly; it's more fun / nimble / flickable / easy to ride / and comfortable.

Flippn

Country flag
Hey Corey, I'm in Austin as well. I picked up my RC390 from TJ's Cycle about a month ago.

Are you currently riding with any particular track day organization? I'm a member at Harris Hill Raceway in San Marcos, I plan to be there with the RC and Ninja 250 on Saturday. Let me know if you're interested in joining me. All you need is track gear (helmet, suit, gloves, and boots) and track fee.

Corey

Country flag
Hey Corey, I'm in Austin as well. I picked up my RC390 from TJ's Cycle about a month ago.

Are you currently riding with any particular track day organization? I'm a member at Harris Hill Raceway in San Marcos, I plan to be there with the RC and Ninja 250 on Saturday. Let me know if you're interested in joining me. All you need is track gear (helmet, suit, gloves, and boots) and track fee.

I did some rounds with CMRA last year. Haven't done anything as I sold my SV650 once I committed to the little KTM. I work Saturdays, but I think I may try to make a Monday sometime soon as I need to get this thing setup.

Flippn

Country flag
I did some rounds with CMRA last year. Haven't done anything as I sold my SV650 once I committed to the little KTM. I work Saturdays, but I think I may try to make a Monday sometime soon as I need to get this thing setup.

Sorry. I don't usually go on Monday's 'cause of work...maybe we can meet there when a Monday falls on a holiday. Keep the rubber side up.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Welcome! So true, the bike is an absolute blast to ride. IMHO, it makes liter bikes seem silly; it's more fun / nimble / flickable / easy to ride / and comfortable.

With me that makes 3 in Austin... I am also in agreement that the RC390 makes my Gixxer 1000 downright silly. I would say riding the 390 should almost be illegal it's so fun... but then how I'm riding it certainly -=IS=- illegal most times. Heh. I'm not prepared to swear off the big bikes. The wife had a Ninjette and I used to race an NSR, and the 390 has really reminded me JUST how fun a "tiny" bike can be! :D