Bellypan showdown

stevieboy

Country flag
I have been on this Forum since January 2015 and to be totally honest to Simpletty and Stevieboy both of you guys are the most negative posters - So maybe jjtard is incorrect with the information he was given regarding the slipper clutch !!! But you take this as an opportunity
to hammer the guy - I think jjtards statement is very correct, Quote "Man you small cc bike forums are tuff on peps" come on it is a Forum regarding a bike we have a passion for - so maybe lets be helpful and keep the ol ego out of it - my 2 cents worth and I am sure there are others on here who cringe at both your guys posts - think about it

Negative results give negative comments. I joined the forum before I bought my bike. If there had been more honest (negative) comments I probably would not have bought it. I am 62 and look at all the adoration for the little KTM as mostly new rider fan-boy infatuation. You could ignore the negative comments for now and I will follow my lonely path to truth and justice alone.

simpletty

Country flag
I didn't hammer anyone....I was trying to be funny and ease the tension on the thread. Obviously you haven't been reading what I have been posting lately either.....don't be kwick to judge kwick to master. My opinion of the bike has changed 180....a few upgrades and it's getting top marks in my book.

Tobi-Miller

Slipper clutch or not? And what about the RBW? I think KTM gives all the needed informations: Just visit KTM.com. If u want to know whats going on in Europe just change the location setting.
What KTM cant give u: opinions, reviews and some maybe not so good case storys…

As far as I can see:
USA: RBW - no , antihopping clutch - no, new bellypan / exhaust - no
Europe: RBW - yes , antihopping clutch - yes, new bellypan / exhaust - yes
Hmm… sry for that.

But in my opinion the 2015 bellypan and exhaust looks way more awesome than the 2016 (Europe). And now back to the topic (maybe some Europeans are interested in it): I would guess u can retrofit to a 2016 - but only if u use a non-KTM exhaust or the 2015 exhaust. But its only a guess! And again: to make sure ask KTM. I would be interested in what they say.

Treachery

Country flag
My guess is that you could use the US 2015 belly pan with the 2016 Euro exhaust, if you modified (amputated) the outlet area from the 2015 under-engine exhaust, like you have to do to fit the Akra.

ratlab

No worries...I'm sorta old and don't "do" forums that much anyway:p
I've raced alot of shit, even mini (RS50), and forget how forgiving little bikes can be!!! She sure felt like a slipper, handles slides really well for a bike of this caliber.

Sorry, speaking of proper forum tech....is this all somehow related to "Belly Pan" post??? :rolleyes:
mine feels like it has a slipper also-backshifted at speed by mistake at the track -no hopping,bouncing or sliding-i have a 2016 also and i know it doesn't have one,but sure feels like it does.