Vielcut18

Country flag
Has anyone gotten the competition Werkes chamber delete for their new gen 390? I was thinking of installing it on to my ‘22, but I’m not sure of the O2 sensor location so I don’t know if I would need a piggy back or not.

pineappleguru

Country flag
I have a full exhaust from another company. But from taking the stock exhaust apart the O2 sensor is located at headers not the chamber. The chamber delete would not interfere with the O2 sensor. HOWEVER I would recommend you get some kind of fuel management such as a fuelx if not a full tune since the 2022 RC390's already run lean and the chamber delete will increase airflow and cause the engine to run even leaner.

Vielcut18

Country flag
Thanks I’m looking into it now. The FuelX Pro is what you would recommend? This is my first bike how exactly does a fuel management system like this work?

pineappleguru

Country flag
The FuelX lite is enough, the only difference is the pro's ability to control the AFR a little more, but the lite does an excellent job already. Basically if there is unburnt O2 the sensor will know to compensate the fuel mixture to add fuel in order to burn more oxygen. Now the stock ECU already does this, it just doesn't compensate nearly enough. By adding a module it basically "lies" to the ECU in order to make it overcompensate with more fuel than normal to raise the air fuel ratio to the correct amount. (Overcompensate because normally it is undercompensating).

Now as mentioned, the bike stock is already running lean (not enough fuel, too much O2) when you add the chamber delete you'll increase airflow causing the bike to run even leaner which is the reason I recommended some kind of fuel management or engine management to compensate (a full tune would fix this as well, though is a lot more expensive). Hope this helps!

KTMLaos

Country flag
If I may; if you're not racing your bike, get the 'Lite' as this unit adjusts automatically. The 'Pro' has 10 set narrow ranges (of which setting 3 is the OE setting or no changes).
Such devices are Fuel Management tools. They do not 'fool' the ECU as the Booster Plug used to rather they'll interpret the O2 sensors readings and fine tune these.
As our bikes have a narrow band Lambda/O2 sensor it adjusts up- or down the 14.7 AFR. What a fuel manager does is refine the margins and compensated 'better' for environmental and altitude conditions.
The O2 sensor only measures the oxygen content in the exhaust gasses and sending a signal to the ECU to inject more or less fuel into each stroke.
In short; when modifying anything in the in- exhaust system (from standard) allowing more air to flow through it, it's wise to add a fuel manager to the system.
Our engines standard, run lean in the closed loop (engine is run using the O2 signals) but slightly rich in the open loop when the O2 sensor is by passed.
Rumour has it that the Fuel-X performs other 'magic' of which I do not know the details.
I have used both and now running a Dimsport Rapid Bike Race module.