COTA Track Day

rc390fnatic

So this was on my gsxr 600 but all the skills in this video I learned on my rc390, so I figured i could post this here, this was my first time there and first track day on a 600. I figured rc390 fans would also appreciate.

edit: I forgot to add you were only allowed to pass on the start/finish straight and the back straight which kind of sucked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP8UaH5nUpI

Last edited:

Flippn

Country flag
When were you there? I was there Saturday. Thanks for sharing your video. I just posted mine too.

motoputz

Country flag
So many questions; I was at COTA for the inaugural MOTOGP race. It looks like a fantastic track to ride, your video reinforces that belief. I was under the impression that the owners of the track did not want to soil its reputation by renting it out for motorcycle track days. I guess they came to grip with the cost of just keeping the lights on and expanded their revenue plan. Who put the track day on? Do you know who else puts on track days there? Was the no passing in the curves just for you group, or is it a COTA rule for motorcycles? Both straights look like they would take a long time to execute flat out on the RC. If motorcycle track days there are a regular event I will definitely find the time to haul the RC there. And I am sure the wife would come along also.

Next month will be my first track day on the RC-390, and first track day in more than 5 years. I am doing it at Laguna Seca because it is a track I am comfortable on, it is just over an hours drive from home and I still have the stock exhaust on the RC so it should be quiet enough for the sound rules there.

Ash797

So many questions; I was at COTA for the inaugural MOTOGP race. It looks like a fantastic track to ride, your video reinforces that belief. I was under the impression that the owners of the track did not want to soil its reputation by renting it out for motorcycle track days. I guess they came to grip with the cost of just keeping the lights on and expanded their revenue plan. Who put the track day on? Do you know who else puts on track days there? Was the no passing in the curves just for you group, or is it a COTA rule for motorcycles? Both straights look like they would take a long time to execute flat out on the RC. If motorcycle track days there are a regular event I will definitely find the time to haul the RC there. And I am sure the wife would come along also.

Next month will be my first track day on the RC-390, and first track day in more than 5 years. I am doing it at Laguna Seca because it is a track I am comfortable on, it is just over an hours drive from home and I still have the stock exhaust on the RC so it should be quiet enough for the sound rules there.

https://www.ridesmartcotaevents.info/ it's the only motorcycle trackday org that I know of that rides there..