Cowelele's Build Log

cowelele

Hi all,

First time poster here, although have been reading around for a while!

I thought I would start this thread as a new leaf has turned and I've decided to drop even more money on my braaap machine. I've got a 2015 RC390, running completely stock (apart from a much needed tail tidy!). With that said, I've just hit buy (about 9 times) on all different bits and pieces, these are:

Exhaust: Mivv Suono Steel Black from Omnia Racing

I went with the Mivv as it looks the best, in my opinion. It was a toss up between this and the classic Akra, however I far prefer the mounting of this pipe (the swingarm bolt rather than the pillion step) as it leaves the tail looking very agressive!

Rear Shock: Ohlins KT301 Rear Shock from Omnia Racing

Being 105KG's the stock shock just doesn't handle me too well. I've also noticed on warmer days, with the exhaust sitting SO close to the shock, that it gets even soft and spongier. The classic choice here would be the KT303, however I feel the KT303 would be overkill for what I need, not only that, I wouldn't know what adjustments to make on the thing anyway!

Electronics: Powercommander w/ WBC2 & Quickshifter from Hard Racing

This was not even close to needed, but will make an amazing addition to the bike. I'm super excited to get this put in for the blipper! :D

Engine Covers & Sliders: T-Rex Engine Covers & Frame Sliders from Ebay

Easily the best looking out there for the RC390, free spools too! :D

Rear Sets: Adjustable Rear Sets from Ebay

I was tossing up between these and the Driven Racing ones from Hard Racing. I'll see how I go with these first, as I'll likely end up with the Driven Racing sets anyway!

Levers:
Adjustable Levers from Ebay

As above, I'll see how I go with these before I buy more expensive levers.

I've already got the 2 below, but I'll list these anyway!

Tail Tidy: Mustard Bikes RC390 Tidy from Mustard Bikes

Great tidy, super easy to install and looks SLEEK!

I also have a Givi 3D603 tank bank, with the Givi BF12 flange (For the Duke, same tank though!).

As of an hour ago, I've just hit PURCHASE on everything. As soon as it all arrives, I'll be spending the day putting it together with the help of a mate. I will be build logging all of it as much as I can, even doing install videos for most of the parts that aren't that well covered!

Woo :D