Cup bike with changes

silvrsled

Country flag
My son is a KTM Cup racer. We have CVMA club season starting in 2 weeks so we modified the bike for club rules. Got new bodywork from Hotbodies and worked with Drippinwet on the graphics. The bike is now in our team colors and pretty happy with how it turned out.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    518.7 KB · Views: 367

nino209

Nice bike

my son is a ktm cup racer. We have cvma club season starting in 2 weeks so we modified the bike for club rules. Got new bodywork from hotbodies and worked with drippinwet on the graphics. The bike is now in our team colors and pretty happy with how it turned out.

nice bike :)

mattonrc390

Awesome! What did you have to do to modify to fit CVMA rules? How's the fitment on the hotbodies? Is that a motion pro throttle I see?

silvrsled

Country flag
Awesome! What did you have to do to modify to fit CVMA rules? How's the fitment on the hotbodies? Is that a motion pro throttle I see?

Just removed the throttle stop, put on clip-ons, PCV, quickshifter and exhaust. But most importantly put some Pirelli's on. Bodywork fitment was pretty good. the tail is a PITA to get on. I shave a little off the bottom to get it to go over some of the frame bosses but once that was done, its not bad anymore. The nose piece also needs alittle triming but not bad. That's the cup bike throttle housing but I modified an r6 thorttle tube to fit. its about a 25-30% reduction from the cups throttle. Not sure how it compares to a stock throttle.

Grove

Just removed the throttle stop, put on clip-ons, PCV, quickshifter and exhaust. But most importantly put some Pirelli's on. Bodywork fitment was pretty good. the tail is a PITA to get on. I shave a little off the bottom to get it to go over some of the frame bosses but once that was done, its not bad anymore. The nose piece also needs alittle triming but not bad. That's the cup bike throttle housing but I modified an r6 thorttle tube to fit. its about a 25-30% reduction from the cups throttle. Not sure how it compares to a stock throttle.

Nice regarding the R6 throttle!

I'd be really grateful if you could provide any additional details on this. Which year R6 throttle tube is this? So, this is the stock R6 throw? From what I've read, the Cup throw isn't much reduced as compared to the street version.

I'm thinking of trying to slap on a full R6 assembly (including switches and housing). Insure which R6 model year I should try with first. . . .

silvrsled

Country flag
Nice regarding the R6 throttle!

I'd be really grateful if you could provide any additional details on this. Which year R6 throttle tube is this? So, this is the stock R6 throw? From what I've read, the Cup throw isn't much reduced as compared to the street version.

I'm thinking of trying to slap on a full R6 assembly (including switches and housing). Insure which R6 model year I should try with first. . . .

I pulled the throttle off of my son's '09 R6. Didnt try the whole throttle housing and cables though. Not sure if the street rc390 housing internal size is different from the cup version or not but I wonder if the throttle will just drop in on the street version. ON the cup I had to shave the thickness of the cam wheel down. Also had to slighly reshape the cam to fit. Since the motion pro throttle is out now, we may pick one up anyways.