Cup or Akra or 9031 Ecu Mapping??

ameerulamri

Hello! I'm already went to the one of the dealers here in malaysia, and watching my friend's rc3 being remapped by them.. We ask them to select n install the rc cup bike map, but they told me it's only for rc cup bike that have been modified, and they say cannot install it to my friend's bike. Instead they select and install 'rc 390 race *****' and can choose also whether straight pipe or powerbomb.. What is that map actually? Is it true what they said?

Jfyi, they really did real remap on my friend's bike with the battery charger diagnostic tools n so on, i just wanna confirm with you about the map that they install to the bike..

And one more thing, is it true the rc cup bike/map is been detuned to 38hp? And does it make the bike slower than the street version?

So is it akra and cup map is the same? So they both detuned to 38hp? How about the EU 9031 map?? The same?? Can you guys please help me? :(

I CANT AFFORD THAT PC5/ARACER/RAPIDBIKE/POWERTRONIC/ATHENA FOR THE TIME BEING :(

xlenduroman

From what I have learned form this forum is that there are 2 KTM maps for the 390's. 1 for the Akrapovic exhaust with the catalytic converter and 1 for the Akra pipe with out the cat. The lower horsepower in the Cup bike is due to a removable "power reduction plate".

streetfighter

From what I have learned form this forum is that there are 2 KTM maps for the 390's. 1 for the Akrapovic exhaust with the catalytic converter and 1 for the Akra pipe with out the cat. The lower horsepower in the Cup bike is due to a removable "power reduction plate".

Hi,

I have a cup bike with an akra pipe without CAT, I have 3 questions:
1. what is "power reduction plate"?
2. What are the characteristics of the two Akra maps in terms of power, torque and AFR?
3. Is there a way to tell which map is loaded in the ECU from the instrument console?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

green_bread

Country flag
The plate is just a stopper thats mounted to the throttle body and keeps the butterfly valve from opening 100% (which means you cant truely get 100% throttle). I believe its just a simple "unbolt it and remove" operation but Ill let someone who is more familiar with the Cup bikes give you the exact procedure. :) Hope this helps!