Cup Suspension Setting

Anyone here been on a RC390 cup bike? I can get one for $3900. It'll cost about $2000 to do Andreani inserts and Ohlins shock on my stock RC390 (well... I have the Formula spring and R6 shock).

I want to know if the cup bikes suspension can be adjusted to be suitable for me. I'm 190lbs and I know those bikes are designed for 14-21 year old kids. If not, then I'll fix my bike up with the Andreani/Ohlins combo.

Anyone here been on a RC390 cup bike? I can get one for $3900. It'll cost about $2000 to do Andreani inserts and Ohlins shock on my stock RC390 (well... I have the Formula spring and R6 shock).

I want to know if the cup bikes suspension can be adjusted to be suitable for me. I'm 190lbs and I know those bikes are designed for 14-21 year old kids. If not, then I'll fix my bike up with the Andreani/Ohlins combo.

Where are you getting the 2k figure for Andreani/Ohlins? Andreani kits can be had for about $600, Ohlins for $740 from Cogent Dynamics.

Andy

Country flag

These bikes are for anyone, I'm 45 and 15 stone (that's 210lbs) and stock suspenders are working just fine.

A kit like Andreani or K-Tech can be had for £450-£565 possibly £80 on top for springs and oil and on top of that no more than £190 for a set of secondhand forks to do the conversion on if you wanted to. So most would be £800 but do it yourself and probably £600ish.

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-801W using Tapatalk

These bikes are for anyone, I'm 45 and 15 stone (that's 210lbs) and stock suspenders are working just fine.

A kit like Andreani or K-Tech can be had for £450-£565 possibly £80 on top for springs and oil and on top of that no more than £190 for a set of secondhand forks to do the conversion on if you wanted to. So most would be £800 but do it yourself and probably £600ish.

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-801W using Tapatalk

That's great. So the stock cup suspension supports you just fine?