custom exhaust improvement (?)

mmatusacebo

Subscribed!

I really like what you are doing man! It is a lot more complicated, but... Have you thought about something more similar to the 2 strokes bikes?

fmf.jpg 2207220x800x501_FFFFFF_E.jpg

I remember that the first 4 strokes mantained this 2 strokes lines. Some other interesting option would be to expermient with the new "Power Bomb" concept from FMF:

FMF_Image_f3f70f95-f7a9-469f-be10-43857b0835a0.jpg fmf-q4-banner-2.jpg

I am just brainstorming.

Last edited:
I really like what you are doing man! It is a lot more complicated, but... Have you thought about something more similar to the 2 strokes bikes?

View attachment 5515 View attachment 5517

I remember that the first 4 strokes mantained this 2 strokes lines. Some other interesting option would be to expermient with the new "Power Bomb" concept from FMF:

View attachment 5518 View attachment 5516

I am just brainstorming.
I'm not convinced in such design, for 4 stroke.
By the way the diameter increase is exactly where it should be for marketing reason (well visible on the side) more than engineering.
I do not say it does not work, (at least for a narrow RPM range), but the main limitation of stock exhaust design is the overall length, to my point of view.
This is solved with Akra or other side or under seat aftermarket exhausts.

By the way, I did about 1000 km with my new complete exhaust, even a track day, and everything is OK. No over heat detected, or bad vibration. No issue of clearance.
It is not nice looking, but I keep it. Approved!
even if I still need to go on Dyno to check I did not loose horse power in this game.