Display Cluster Loose

MrGrody

Noticed my display Cluster is vibrating itself to death. I'm assuming the Allen head screw underneath the display down in the tube of plastic is what will tighten it. Anybody know the size of that key? As my t handles won't reach so I guess I gotta go buy an extra long one to reach it. But id rather not buy a whole set just to find out what size it is. Thanks

stevieboy

Country flag
I don't know what a #5 hex means but the parts diagrams say K50x12 T20 which would be a screw for plastic 12mm long that uses a torx 20 size wrench.

Fasteddy

Country flag
The torx screws hold the cluster to the mounting piece and generally do not loosen up, the movement comes from the mounting / cover that is 'pinned' in place by the two halves of the inner fairing assembly and pinched together by a 5mm hex deep in this recess.

hex1.jpg

Last edited:

MrGrody

The torx screws hold the cluster to the mounting piece and generally do not loosen up, the movement comes from the mounting / cover that is 'pinned' in place by the two halves of the inner fairing assembly and pinched together by a 5mm hex deep in this recess.

View attachment 3266
Well it's not a 5mm. Ordered a long T-handle and it's too big. I guess it'd be a 4mm then

Amazon here I go again lol

Fasteddy

Country flag
Sorry about that, but your correct it is a 4mm, that T handle is still sitting out on the bench and indeed it does measure 4mm. Theres not a Harbor frieght nearby?

MrGrody

Sorry about that, but your correct it is a 4mm, that T handle is still sitting out on the bench and indeed it does measure 4mm. Theres not a Harbor frieght nearby?
I went in yesterday they didn't have long Allens. I'll get it one way or another