Driven Racing 16 Tooth Sprocket

RobbiRob76

Just got off the phone with a friend of mine at Driven Racing. The 16 tooth sprockets are in stock and ready to ship!!! I will have mine tomorrow!!!!
These guys are the best!.

Ryanthegreat1

Roughly yes.

Should boost top speed by moving the 110mph mark closer to peak power. The power noses over pretty hard after 9000 revs. Makes it really slow to get from 104 to 110 at the rev limiter.

psych0hans

Country flag
Roughly yes.

Should boost top speed by moving the 110mph mark closer to peak power. The power noses over pretty hard after 9000 revs. Makes it really slow to get from 104 to 110 at the rev limiter.
So wouldn't an aluminium 42T sprocket be better, as it would really reduce your unsprung rotating mass? Sorry if I'm hassling you or sounding like an idiot, lol

Ryanthegreat1

Maybe but that requires cutting the chain. This way I can stay with the stock chain and have two different gear ratios.

And I don't think I would do an aluminum sproket. They wear way too fast. Not really worth the minimal performance gains.

Hekimpd

So, if I get this correct, all this achieves is a higher top speed, with a small hit to torque from starting off? To me, seems like a waste for just street riding.

Ryanthegreat1

I am tracking my bike, hence the clip ons and rear sets. The track I am at I hit 110 long before turn 1 and just get to hold it on the rev limiter.

A benefit for street riders will be lower revs at cruising speed. Might even pull better fuel economy.

Bagwell

Country flag
I have a 42 aluminum on the rear with stock 15 front and I didnt have to cut the chain. The chain blocks also have two sides to them and can be flipped to take up slack or let slack out a little bit if needed. :)

I take that back, it was a 43. I should have checked before I posted. Old age makes you forget sometimes... :)

Last edited:

A1VW2NV

Country flag
I have a 42 aluminum on the rear with stock 15 front and I didnt have to cut the chain. The chain blocks also have two sides to them and can be flipped to take up slack or let slack out a little bit if needed. :)

I take that back, it was a 43. I should have checked before I posted. Old age makes you forget sometimes... :)
And how is the 43T working out? This is what I intend to use.

Bagwell

Country flag
43 tooth is very nice, gets you going a little faster top end or a little lower RPM at previous top speed which ever way you look at it. I would like a little more top end possibly, but I dont want to sacrafice grunt too much.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I need them to make aluminum ones, like bad

An aluminum FRONT sprocket???!!!!!! Uhm, no. You would wear though that thing so fast! The Tyga aluminum rear sprocket I've been running on the Test Mule here is wearing really well (IE nothing yet), but I don't think I'd EVER trust the FRONT sprocket to aluminum.

RobbiRob76

An aluminum FRONT sprocket???!!!!!! Uhm, no. You would wear though that thing so fast! The Tyga aluminum rear sprocket I've been running on the Test Mule here is wearing really well (IE nothing yet), but I don't think I'd EVER trust the FRONT sprocket to aluminum.
I work in this industry, and outside prototype or some type of limited test. This something we would never consider for club racing or street use. I doubt seriously the conversation would never make it out of a meeting room...

tecknojoe

Country flag

hrm. Waiting on them to make alluminum rear then

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
hrm. Waiting on them to make alluminum rear then

You mean like these:
Formula390 - Parts
sprocket.jpg

I've got aluminum rear sprockets in stock from 39T to 48T (45T is stock) and ready to ship... Rear aluminum sprockets do a great deal better than fronts ever could. Not as well as steel, obviously, but I've run aluminum rears on most of my bikes and usually about the time the chain is toast, so is the rear sprocket. I typically retain the front steel sprocket through 3 chains / rears.

RobbiRob76

You mean like these:
Formula390 - Parts
View attachment 2132

I've got aluminum rear sprockets in stock from 39T to 48T (45T is stock) and ready to ship... Rear aluminum sprockets do a great deal better than fronts ever could. Not as well as steel, obviously, but I've run aluminum rears on most of my bikes and usually about the time the chain is toast, so is the rear sprocket. I typically retain the front steel sprocket through 3 chains / rears.

I typically go rears to one front, but depens on application and most importantly visual inspection...