Dunlop or Pirelli

simpletty

Country flag
So looks like the two main suppliers for the small bikes came to finally making a slick. I know one guy who has had the chance to use the Dunlops at chuckwalla and liked them. Has anyone else had the chance to get either of these brands of slicks on and give them a go? I just sold my supercorsas and am polling the crowd to see what they have experienced so far. I have feedback of positive things on the dunlop, mainly where the q4s let loose in the corners the slicks are holding well increasing the corner speeds which is awesome. Talked to the Pirelli rep and the tests they did were positive, but feedback is always so subjective since they want to sell you their tires. I"m pretty sure the direction I am going to go, but would love to get more feedback. Let me know and thanks

neonmarine

I’m going to be testing Pirellis this month Lord willing. Gotta get the bike back together, but after using Pirellis for years, after converting from Dunlop’s, I suspect they will be good.

amejia

i tested the pirellis on the last race here and i loved them. great feedback super sticky and got me on the box. no sliding around like when i rode with the dunlops. try the pirellis u wont be disappointed

=maz=

Country flag
Try the Bridgestone R11 or RS10...I found these to be a bit cheaper to buy but loved the feel and performance. Much more reliable on the edge of letting go than the Pirelli, which hangs on like fuck but lets go with no warning.

I ran Pirellis slicks in practice last round and really liked them. There's so much feedback from the front end and they are very predictable in terms of limits. I didn't get to race with them as the last round was pouring rain.

I was riding in pretty hot weather and a semi rough track and the tire wear wasn't bad at all.

nfash599

I ran Pirellis slicks in practice last round and really liked them. There's so much feedback from the front end and they are very predictable in terms of limits. I didn't get to race with them as the last round was pouring rain.

I was riding in pretty hot weather and a semi rough track and the tire wear wasn't bad at all.

What size are you running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What size are you running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We played with a few different combos, but my favorite for technical stuff is the 110/140 combo. You can get away with the 110/150 combo for a mixed style track also. We've stopped using the 120 up front for a couple of different reasons and our lap times are always faster with the 110.