Fitting Dunlops and other types/sizes

Andy

Country flag
First off has anyone tried Dunlop tyres as a change from the usual Pirelli, Metzeler and Continental offerings.

Been thinking about Sportsmart² for road use and the Alpha13 for track.

The Sportsmart² come in the standard sizings but with the Alphas I was thinking could you go with a 110/70 front and a 140/70 rear? I've read up about going smaller and taller on the tyres as it can speed up the steering as well as offer greater lean angle, downside it can be skitish upright potential unstable?

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

psych0hans

Country flag
Bridgestone S20 evos are suppose to be really good, as reported by motorcycle.com test rider Ari. Also a 140/70 is supposed to have a better profile on the4" rim and does not pinch as much as the 150, while being taller than the 150/60 hence increasing ride height slightly, making the turning more sharp. All this I have gauged from what I read/saw on these forums and YouTube. No personal experience whatsoever.

[video=youtube_share;bHnmukUJ7aQ]http://youtu.be/bHnmukUJ7aQ[/video]

Last edited:

EnergyHOU

Currently using S20 EVOs myself, per the ones reviewed above, using a 150 rear. Incredible difference from the Rosso II. Next ones I will try are the BT-003 Battlax, also from Bridgestone, which if I'm not mistaken is pretty much as far as you can go while remaining DOT?

EnergyHOU

When you say "incredible difference from the Rosso II, what do you mean exactly? How are they different?

Somewhat similar to what Ari said, I have gotten a bit loose with the Rossos on corner exit, granted this occurs when I'm pinning the throttle after apex so riding style has to do with it I suppose. This, however, ceased once I moved over to the Bridgestones, completely. No matter where in the corner and how much throttle input, the bike is completely planted.