Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
This bike came to us with a mild super sport setup and we made a few gains! This bike is a high comp, closed airbox, K&N filter, Yosh pipes, Ti retainers, PCV, with a fair bit of Gray Area special sauce. This bike is on track and absolutely destroying it!
https://ibb.co/jafdbJ
Screenshot (15).jpg

This bike came to us with a mild super sport setup and we made a few gains! This bike is a high comp, closed airbox, K&N filter, Yosh pipes, Ti retainers, PCV, with a fair bit of Gray Area special sauce. This bike is on track and absolutely destroying it!
https://ibb.co/jafdbJ
View attachment 4750
Interesting! Closed airbox? Is that standard airbox with lid still on? any mods to lid? holes drilled? etc
Or complete custom setup?

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Interesting! Closed airbox? Is that standard airbox with lid still on? any mods to lid? holes drilled? etc
Or complete custom setup?

Pacmans Dyno reads low, so it's not so much what the number says so much as what the gains are on the same dyno. That's a 14% gain on HP and it's reving higher and longer.

In OMRRA they can't modify the airbox. At. All. At least not in SuperSport. So fully intact and fully closed lid still on, unmodified, no holes. I believe they ARE allowed to remove the snorkel, but that's it. I think they can run whatever filter they want, but must run a filter. Some of the filters we ran in my day in OMRRA was wire mesh just small enough to keep low flying aircraft on approach out. :) Now... LWSB is another story, but this is a SS competition bike... tho with those gains, I expect that bike is also giving the LWSB crew a run for their money as well.

Note: Pacman - check with Tech to see if they will allow a drain hole to be put in the bottom of the airbox. That was a mod that was allowed for the cup bikes to prevent water collecting / getting sucked into the motor. I think they made the rule change for the 16 season about half way through, but it might have been the start of the 17 season instead. Not that it'll give you MUCH of any help, but any little tiny bit might be the difference of where one is standing on the podium after late braking into 7 and the drive to 9. :)

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Pacmans Dyno reads low, so it's not so much what the number says so much as what the gains are on the same dyno. That's a 14% gain on HP and it's reving higher and longer.

In OMRRA they can't modify the airbox. At. All. At least not in SuperSport. So fully intact and fully closed lid still on, unmodified, no holes. I believe they ARE allowed to remove the snorkel, but that's it. I think they can run whatever filter they want, but must run a filter. Some of the filters we ran in my day in OMRRA was wire mesh just small enough to keep low flying aircraft on approach out. :) Now... LWSB is another story, but this is a SS competition bike... tho with those gains, I expect that bike is also giving the LWSB crew a run for their money as well.

Note: Pacman - check with Tech to see if they will allow a drain hole to be put in the bottom of the airbox. That was a mod that was allowed for the cup bikes to prevent water collecting / getting sucked into the motor. I think they made the rule change for the 16 season about half way through, but it might have been the start of the 17 season instead. Not that it'll give you MUCH of any help, but any little tiny bit might be the difference of where one is standing on the podium after late braking into 7 and the drive to 9. :)

We can only run the stock drain but it has to be plugged in the dry races. Pull all the drains when rain racing. The lid and airbox are 100% stock, no shenanigans to be had. K&N filter with the snorkel off.