Hauler pics

big_sur

Turned out to be in pretty good shape for coming through the insurance auctions. Some light hail damage, stolen radio, and one stabilizer is screwed up, but otherwise seems to be in good shape, especially inside. I haven't checked all functionality yet, but the guy included service records before he turned it into insurance which is pretty amazing so I have high hopes. Aside from putting in a cheap radio and fixing the stabilizer, I got a pitbull TRS I need to put in and then I should be good to go with a nice big air conditioned box :)

2015-12-19%2011.31.17.jpg

2015-12-19%2011.31.32.jpg

ASM

Picked this guy up today at the insurance auctions. Need to get a weight distribution hitch to level it out, but looking forward to spending the racing season in 31 feet of comfort.

That's a lot of trailer for the little truck....might want to reconsider your hauling vehicle...

big_sur

Yeah, I'm going to max out the truck 2000lbs short of trailer max weight but I'll watch the weight and I'm only going an hour or so away seven times over the summer so I'll be the guy in the slow lane. It'll get sold once race season is over so I'm not going to the trouble of a new truck. Would have preferred something a smidge smaller, but insurance auctions only have so much variety and I'd like to budget some profit into my racing.

motoputz

Country flag
1997 E-350 with 6.8L V10. over kill for hauling the little 390. Has served well over the last 19 years hauling bikes to the track and out to the dirt. Will be replacing it this year with a T van. I am tired of bumping my head when loading bikes.
van KTM.jpg

Seth

Country flag
With the Transit get ready for better fuel economy, comfort, and wondering... hm, will a 2016 bring a 4x4 or AWD option for offroad? =) Oh and no more bending over with the 9 foot roof. But at 9 feet it wont fit in the garage.

motoputz

Country flag
the wife and I checked one out at the local Auto show. The inside finish was very close to our Focus and much nicer than our 19 year old van. We are planing on getting the long wheelbase, mid height roof, sliding cargo doors on both sides, eco-boost V6 and will be having a Quigley 4X4 system installed. Then we will put in the first row passenger bench seat from the wagon version, plenty of tie down flexibility and eventually set it up for camping.

Seth

Country flag
the wife and I checked one out at the local Auto show. The inside finish was very close to our Focus and much nicer than our 19 year old van. We are planing on getting the long wheelbase, mid height roof, sliding cargo doors on both sides, eco-boost V6 and will be having a Quigley 4X4 system installed. Then we will put in the first row passenger bench seat from the wagon version, plenty of tie down flexibility and eventually set it up for camping.

Drool, Drool!! That will be out of this world configuration!!!

motoputz

Country flag
The new hauler has arrived. I still need to take it to Oregon to have the 4X4 installed and set the interior up for bike and people hauling. But it is here and the old E-350 needs to be sold. If any one is interested in a 1997 E-350 with 120K miles, V-10, towing package and set up to haul two motorcycles easily let me know. Van in in S.F. Bay Are of California.
RED-1.jpgRED-2.jpg

Last edited:

stevieboy

Country flag
Get a long enough ramp or have some help loading. I used to load a 1/2 ton Chevy with no problem. Switched to a 3/4 ton Ford and am now recovering from rotator cuff surgery. I know that's when it happened because I could hear and feel it pop. Four or maybe five distinct pops. Of course being 62 probably didn't help but I'm going to blame the eight inch higher floor.

motoputz

Country flag
I have long folding ramps. The floor of this van is lower than the floor of E-350 I am replacing. Even after it gets the 2 inch lift for the 4X4 conversion the floor will still be lower than any pick-up bed.

btalont

Country flag
Have a Dodge Ram with center wheel chock. Bolted on some tie down rings to the fender wells and have a folding full width aluminum ramp. Last to install is a 2500lb winch with remote from Harbor Freight so I can load it by myself.

Seth

Country flag
The new hauler has arrived. I still need to take it to Oregon to have the 4X4 installed and set the interior up for bike and people hauling. But it is here and the old E-350 needs to be sold. If any one is interested in a 1997 E-350 with 120K miles, V-10, towing package and set up to haul two motorcycles easily let me know. Van in in S.F. Bay Are of California.
View attachment 3041
View attachment 3042What a awesome rig! Dual sliders, unreal! What color did you get? By the pics it looks red/orange maybe?