Hello, and sorry if this question has been answered

RobD

Country flag
I am breaking a new 2018 RC and really enjoying the hell out of it. My last three sport/track bikes were all 170+ HP liter bikes. Since I was the chase bike for my friends videography company I needed something really fast. For several years that was fun and the trackdays were free. When the company folded, I moved on to other things.

I decided to get a bike I could ride at full throttle on the street and not get thrown in jail. That is where the RC comes in. I'm loving the bike, and this is kind of trivial, but the sound of the thing strike me as a bit sad. I'd like to put an akra cat eliminating on it to loose a little weight and get a bit more of a moto3 sound out of the little bugger.

I've read a ton of posts about changing the fueling of the newer, 17-18 bikes, and see that there a bunch of products. From their perspective of riding the bike, I'm finding the fueling fine. My question is, has anyone measured to air/fuel with the newer model bike with the akra cat eliminating slip on and found that it runs dangerously lean? I've read a bunch, but haven't seen this.

For people who are racing it or just want more power, I'm sure mapping the closed and open loops is worth the time and money. But if it won't hurt the bike, I'd just as soon act like a squid and just install a slip on for better sound and be done with it.

Many thanks,
Rob

Last edited:

John390

I'm kind of in the same boat, except for coming from tuning fairly fast turbo cars on the street.

Love the bike, but hate the sound and want more power too.

I know it conforms to Euro IV standards for sound and emissions, so its corked up and lean as hell.

I have done two free things to fix the sound on both ends.

I used a 1/2" carbide hole saw to cut out the stock baffle. Easy and quick. Cleaned up the cut marks a bit after with a sanding thing.

Then cut out the back of the airbox cleanly.

It really sounds wicked when its opened up. The exhaust is still not my thing as it sounds like one of those big one lung 4 stroke dirt bikes at idle, but its better. Nice and smooth at cruise. Getting to appreciate it.

As for fuelling, once I have my 1000km service, I have a Dimsport Rapidbike Evo to put in. These things AUTO TUNE!!! so cool. Also, they work in both closed and open loop. Nice small ECU unit, quality connectors and good quality wiring too.

As for monitoring, I have an OBD2 cable adaptor and bluetooth unit to send it to my phone/tablet with Torque. works great.

The only thing is that there is no a/f ratio PID for it, so we are sort of guessing on that one.

I have an AEM UEGO in one of my cars and it works great, and doesn't cost that much. I will get one of these or maybe a JAW because they are a tad cheaper. Needs to be at least water resistant tho. Maybe I will just tune it, then take it out so its not easily stolen or damaged. Time will tell.

I will also get a decat pipe with our without resonator, I haven't decided on that.

If I was gonna go for a full system, I think the Delkevic 14" carbon fiber one sounds quite nice. It doesn't sound like a small single and is smooth.

RobD

Country flag
Thanks John390, if I have to alter the fueling, the Rapidbike EVO sounds like it could be a good option.

I'm hoping someone with an exhaust gas analyzer and a dyno did a run with stock mapping and an aftermarket exhaust without the cat and has some a/f data to share.

As for Delkevic, I had a carbon slip on on a older VFR streetbike. The fit and finish of the product was great and the sound was really nice. Of course, our little singles will never sound like a V4, but I'm sure improvement is possible. Not sure why I didn't think of them for this bike, since I'm not worried about getting more power. Gonna go see what they have.

Chuditch

I think with a slip on you should be ok for fuelling, it's just a silencer, not a full exhaust system. More noise but shouldn't really affect anything else.

John390

Thanks John390, if I have to alter the fueling, the Rapidbike EVO sounds like it could be a good option.

I'm hoping someone with an exhaust gas analyzer and a dyno did a run with stock mapping and an aftermarket exhaust without the cat and has some a/f data to share.

As for Delkevic, I had a carbon slip on on a older VFR streetbike. The fit and finish of the product was great and the sound was really nice. Of course, our little singles will never sound like a V4, but I'm sure improvement is possible. Not sure why I didn't think of them for this bike, since I'm not worried about getting more power. Gonna go see what they have.

they show minor but useful power gains on the dyno too. They have dyno videos of most of their exhaust systems