Help me with a track/weekend road riding build

wil55n

Country flag
Hey guys,

I just bought an 2015 RC390 and I would like to use it for 50% track and 50% weekend squirts around the mountains. I will not be commuting on the bike so comfort is not a major factor. I'm looking for things that will help me enjoy the bike at higher speeds on the track and mountain roads.

Knowing what you know about the RC now and what purpose I am going to use it for, what would you recommend I modify/upgrade/remove?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

=maz=

Country flag
Suspension(Springs and fluid will be enough), brakes(remove ABS and upgrade the front disk to floating at the very least), rearsets, case-covers and frame sliders, mirror and pillion-footrest blanking plates...lockwiring and non-glycol coolant and get some RS10 or SuperCorsa tyres.

Ktm

Suspension(Springs and fluid will be enough), brakes(remove ABS and upgrade the front disk to floating at the very least), rearsets, case-covers and frame sliders, mirror and pillion-footrest blanking plates...lockwiring and non-glycol coolant and get some RS10 or SuperCorsa tyres.

I agree with all above but would add replace the stock front brake pads with something better and be aware the rear shock is not going to perform well if you weigh over 175lb. parillaguy

=maz=

Country flag
I'd replace the shock too, being a 110kg(240lb) guy it would make a massive difference for me, but the budget didn't allow for it and my pace(specially considering the self-imposed weight handicap) is not slow.
So I listed the minimum I would do to get the bike on the track...if there was a limitless budget my list would be longer(PCV, Brembo MC, Shock, pipe, air-filter mod, dyno tune, etc, etc)

I'm 100kgs yet when I sit on our brand new rc390 the shocks goes all the way down to the bump stop which means I cannot ride it until a new shock is done.

Is it just our shock is shite and the rest of the rc390's is better than this?

=maz=

Country flag
Spring on the shock can be changed...my local suspension guy made a collar adapter which allows me to use Ktec springs.

But if I had the budget I'd just update the shock.

Andy

Country flag
Definitely pads and rear shock followed by front at first. Think jury is out on ABS, the first bike I've had with it and personally I've kept it but suppose it depends on your roads and climate.

Change your pipe and shed unnecessary weight, the race bubble is also a good idea as are rearsets.