High mile RC's

Ktmpro

I'm a bit worried of what the future holds in relation to my RC. I am loosing faith after reading about, head gasket, clutch and a few other common place issues happening. Are there many "high" mileage owners out there who have had zero issues??IMG_4362.jpg

nhenneman

I think a few guys have had over 12k km on theirs without any issues. Mine is at 8k with no issues yet, but it does sit in the back of my mind as to when my had gasket will go. Supporting mods such as SPAL fan, full samco hose kit, engine ice, header wrap, and pcv have been done to hopefully stave off failure for as long as possible.

D

Deleted member 452

My first motor had many problems and eventually died at 13K miles. The damage caused by the dealers "repairs" to my head gasket, water pump, and clutch completely ruined my motor so I bought a used one with a 100 miles and had Chad work on the head and check the cylinder for flatness. 9K miles later, it's still running perfectly but who knows for how long...

Sadmas

Country flag
I sold a 2015 with 11000 miles. At 7000 the head gasket went. At 8000mi a fork seal, and nothing else. The bike was used for track and short trips on weekends

Enviado desde mi E6653 mediante Tapatalk

OldVet

I have 17,106 miles on my 2015 with no engine issues whatsoever, valves checked the first time at 10,000 miles and were in spec, will check again at 20K