How much gasoline do you typically bring for a track day?

thezidane

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be taking my RC390 to its first track day at the end of May and was curious how much gas it eats up? Riding it hard on winding roads I can typically go 3-4 hours before I need to fill up (though my gas light starts to flicker around 3 hours). Curious how this would translate to riding it even harder at the track. My track day will be lots of 20min intervals throughout the day. I considered bringing a 5g tank or two 5g tanks but wasn't sure if 10 gallons would be overkill. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

5 gallons for typical 5-7 (20-minute) sessions. Also bring a graduated pitcher for measuring.. better to run little fuel in tank

Note the gauge is not accurate.. 2 bars from top is about 1/2 tank on my bike.

Treachery

Country flag
I'd agree with eric. I took a 5 gallon + a 1 gallon for bikes thirstier than the RC. I'd pour out of the small one; manhandling a full big can chest high can be a bear.

thezidane

5 gallons for typical 5-7 (20-minute) sessions. Also bring a graduated pitcher for measuring.. better to run little fuel in tank

Thanks for the info! How much fuel do you like to run for one 20-min session?

Ryanthegreat1

I used up nearly 5 gallons at The Ridge on a track day. I arrived with a full tank and filled it back up at the end of the 4th session. It was about empty when it went on the truck at the end of the day.

thezidane

How much do you usually put in the tank for a 20min session? I was planning to just fill it up and when it gets low add more....I guess that adds a little extra weight to the bike.

Ash797

You'll only need enough fuel to refill your tank once. So a total of slightly <5 gallons(including the full tank on the bike). So to put it simply, a full tank of gas in the bike when you arrive, and another 2 gallons to refill it will be enough for a whole trackday from my experiences. Have fun and don't forget to turn off the ABS before each session