Hydraulic clutch?

morssolis

Is anyone thinking about doing a hydraulic clutch conversion? I have never messed with one before but would be down to try. Any suggestions on where to start? Might it be possible to get a system that is stock on another bike and transpose it on to the rc?

ArkansasDave

Why would you even bother? Aprilia used to use hydraulic clutches and then switched to a cable. I don't see the point of swapping.

mr-fabricator

Other than " because u can" no need and cost to benefit far outweigh each other.

Dont get me wrong im not poo pooing the idea as the wife wants a lighter clutch but after messing around and spending hundreds i couldnt justify. i just told her she would get used to it .

reenmachine

Country flag
Other than " because u can" no need and cost to benefit far outweigh each other.

Dont get me wrong im not poo pooing the idea as the wife wants a lighter clutch but after messing around and spending hundreds i couldnt justify. i just told her she would get used to it .

Get her one of these for $4.99 :D

uqqxxr1355216118508.jpg

ArkansasDave

Hardest clutch to pull has been hydraulic....

Ash797

OP, there's a guy on this forum "Dhavel," I believe, he sells a side stand bypass sensor. Anyway awhile back when looking for the SSB I found this video of his..

YouTube

morssolis

I have not been on a bike in 2 years (law school), so I probably just have to get used to it. I have not been on the street very much for like 4 or 5 years, so sitting in city traffic on the way home with the RC yesterday destroyed my wrist and hand. It does not help that I have small hands and can hardly reach the lever.

Guyhowdy

My other bike is a Ducati 749 and the hydraulic clutch on that is pretty stiff even with an STM master cylinder I believe that's supposed to lighten it up. The clutch on the RC 390 by comparison is almost no resistance at all I love it. Just make sure you pop the bike in neutral at stops and don't just sit there holding the clutch in.

ToraTora

Country flag
What is it with this forum demanding that people justify their inquiries? I swear if someone asked about the O2 sensor there would be some jerk on here that would ask them why they would want to breath. If you can't contribute to the solution find a different thread in which to post. People aren't asking for your opinion as to why they shouldn't do something. They want to know how to do something. There is a HUGE difference between the two.

There are companies that make dirt bike hydraulic conversion kits like Magura. They tend to be around $200 to $300. There are also a bunch of pit bike systems that sell for around $40. It also looks like Magura is now offering a street bike kit that comes with a switch--since some street bikes require the clutch to be disengaged to start the engine.

X001-Y017.jpg $_57.JPG Street_Hymec_01.jpg

Magura also makes a nice set of radial masters that one could outfit on the bike as part of a hydraulic upgrade. And it looks like they come in orange as well.

2c31fbf304.jpg MAGURA_HC3_OUTBOX_2_Web_02.jpg

Here's the video that Ash linked. Near as I can tell the cat doesn't post the components employed, nor does he show it installed.

[video=youtube;6X9QZ9sm1ag]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X9QZ9sm1ag[/video]

morssolis

I have realized that it is not so much the stiffness of the clutch but the angle. Going to swivel the lever up tomorrow. It is very low compared to the plane that my wrist is on. It is set up as if you were locking your elbows instead of having your arms closer to parallel with the plane the bars rotate on. I realized that the brake lever is like this also, so once the lever gets pulled in further, you have to start rotating your wrist upwards, which f's with your throttle on the downshifts. I remember messing with my levers on my trackbike all the time to find the right spot, it just took a day of riding on the RC to realize they are awful from the factory.