Indian RC390s

psych0hans

Country flag
Hi, how about a different section for Indian RC390s? It's only fair, since the bike's made there and there are bound to be some Indian members on the Forums?

Ynike99

Hey,
Im from Navi mumbai, and a silent stalker on this forum.
I am active on xbhp's rc390 thread though, with same handle.

charmer96

Hey this is Aditya from Coimbatore. Planning to get a Rc390. Thinking of whether to wait for 2016 slipper clutch model or get the 2015 model and retro fit it ?

aj@x

Hey this is Aditya from Coimbatore. Planning to get a Rc390. Thinking of whether to wait for 2016 slipper clutch model or get the 2015 model and retro fit it ?

Ride properly and you won't need a slipper clutch, probably would help for racing on a decent track but it's not needed for normal daily use especially on this bike. Being a lams bike i think they should leave abs and and a slipper clutch out so the learner is forced to learn proper control of the bike, what happens if they purchase an older cbr 600 and it's got no abs or slipper...they'll end up on the floor in no time.

DheerajS

RC 390 slipper clutch worth the wait?

Hi guys new to this forum :) Should i wait for the 2016 RC 390 or go ahead and buy the 2015 model. I'm waiting eagerly from 2 months. Making call after calls to showroom regarding the new model. My concerns are that duke390 with the slipper clutch model came up with lot of tweek's. I'm not sure whether the new RC390 will also be like that or they will update just the slipper clutch. And also will they leave out the black colour on the RC 390? please help me guys.. Thanks in advance :)

helfiRe

From Mumbai. Also very keen on buying the rc390. And waiting for exactly the same reason. Not so much for the slipper clutch but for the small tweaks here and there that don't mean much individually but add a lot as a package. Especially the black paint job. The rc200 looks wicked with that. Hope the rc390 gets that option too..

gk1985

dheeraj S.

buddy! I was pondering over the same for a while 45 days back, but when i spoke with the service manager in Hyderabad, India. he told slipper clutch may not make it to the Rc models at all. the bike is stable enough (according to the service manager). and i hardly felt a hitch till date on my RC. You can feel the Slipper clutch (SC) in action only when you are braking hard and shifting (which ideally is a track condition) . i felt no difference when i test rode the duke 390 with SC and RC w/o SC (may be i am new to biking world, that could be a reason as well). in my opinion you can go for 2015 model if you can't wait.but if you can wait , there is no harm in waiting specially if you are getting SC with no additional pricing ( check with your local dealership, there is a hint the price could increase in the near future). and if you want to fancy your bike(2015 model) with SC (if it's officially launched on RC's) later it would cost somewhere around INR 8000.

helfiRe

Well, yeah. Slipper clutch is just one of the reasons. I know after market slipper clutch from the Duke will easily fit on the rc. And IMO, eve if they increase the price a bit for additional stuff (Duke got a decent number of those along with a better /sticker job), it's still more than worth it. And I might move to a different city next year for further education, so yeah. Controlling the urge to immediately book this beautiful beast as of now.

Biker

Country flag
Another RC 390 in hyd. Have had mine since Feb2015. Learn throttle blipping on downshifts which is more fun anyway!!wl

psych0hans

Country flag
Makes no difference where you hail from RC390 riders are all brothers and sisters...
I agree, but it just amuses me that admin has created so many sub forums for 390s from different places, but none for where the bike is actually built and probably sold in the largest numbers... Maybe he's just prejudiced :p

OldVet

So do you Indian's have to run a plate on the front of your bike like this?

KTM_RC_390-19.jpg

That is just fregging ugly...

psych0hans

Country flag
Unfortunately, yes. I'm planning on switching on to a vinyl sticker job on the bottom of my windscreen. As soon as I can get the time to go do it...

p.s. Only temp registrations have white on red, the rest are black on white, so it looks slightly less horrendous... Lol

Last edited: